The new Electrified S comes with its own turbo booster
VanMoof just upgraded the Electrified S with a powerful boost feature designed to make your city A to B more effortless and fun.
Brooklyn, NY, 6 June 2017 - Amsterdam based bike-meets-tech startup VanMoof released their latest Electrified S today. The new electric bike comes kitted out with a special button that boosts riders’ pedal power to a top speed of 32 km/h (20 mph). The world’s first continuous turbo boost is VanMoof’s latest innovation to make city cycling as effortless and enjoyable as possible.
E-bikes have a bad rap for being boring. We wanted to take the exhilarating feeling of, say, Tesla's “ludicrous mode,” and bring it to life in the Electrified S.
Key features of the upgraded Electrified S:
- Boost Button – A push of the boost button blasts riders to a superhuman top speed in seconds.
- Smooth ride – The 250 W hub motor and 418 Wh battery are more silent, more powerful and more efficient, taking riders further at higher power settings.
- Touch Unlock – Integrated Bluetooth technology recognizes when the owner is near, allowing the keyless e-lock to automatically unlock with the touch of the digital display.
- Tamper detection – New G-sensor sends a signal when someone is tampering with the bike. If stolen, the owner can activate the worldwide anti-theft tracking via the smartphone app.
- Smarter over time – Free over the air updates will regularly improve both the bike and smartphone app.
- Peace-of-Mind – This opt-in service guarantees that VanMoof's Bike Hunters will track down and retrieve your stolen bike.
The upgraded Electrified S has been built for a smoother, more powerful riding experience. The star of the show is the boost button, on the handlebar. Pushing it propels you from 0 to 32 km/h (20 mph) in seconds, making hilly cityscapes a snap and tough headwinds a literal breeze.
Stronger, further, smarter
The new Electrified S features a more powerful electric 250 W hub motor and a more efficient 418 Wh battery, good for a range of up to 120 km (75 miles) in Economy Mode. It also features an improved range in higher power settings, extended up to 20% compared to the first release in 2016. Smart features such as Touch Unlock deliver a more seamless experience. The keyless e-lock is smartphone connected, so all you need to do is touch the bike’s display screen, click the lock out, and ride off.
The upgrade launches less than a year after VanMoof first created headlines with the Electrified S, but this back-to-back release isn’t likely to surprise VanMoof riders. By keeping its finger on the pulse of rider feedback, VanMoof designs bikes to become smarter over time.
We focused our energy on improving the Electrified S where it would benefit our riders the most. That’s why the look is almost identical, but the riding experience has been elevated to a new level.
With the new Electrified S, VanMoof’s insatiable team of inventors kept the iconic Dutch design with signature integrated lights and lock intact, but one-upped themselves when it came to improving the ride.
The Electrified S is engineered to deter thieves in every way possible. The upgraded smart module includes a G-sensor that enables tamper detection. Add custom anti-theft nuts and bolts, integrated e-lock and GSM anti-theft tracking, and you’ve got a bike that’s almost impossible to steal. VanMoof is so confident about this that Electrified S riders can opt into a Peace-Of-Mind Service for as little as $7 a month. If your bike does get stolen, VanMoof’s Bike Hunters will track it down. If they can't get it back to you within two weeks, VanMoof will replace it.
Early bird reduction
The upgraded Electrified S is available as of 13 June via vanmoof.com and in VanMoof brand stores in Amsterdam, Berlin, Brooklyn, and Taipei. The upgraded Electrified S will have a retail price of $2998. Early bird buyers will enjoy a $500 discount off a very limited amount of bikes on the release date.