This is how you'll roll
Your cart is empty!
Delivered in 1-2 weeks
Measuring your inseam length
From the inside leg starting at the crotch measure down to the bottom. Your inner leg length has a significant influence on your the right frame for you – please make sure to take this measurement precisely.
Are you in for the ride? Decision well made. Now let's seal the deal. We offer multiple payment options so you can get your hands on your bike in a way that's best for you. Aside from purchasing the bike directly we also offer the following:
1. Payment through local payment plans: the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and France offer local payment plans for buying an e-bike. VanMoof is participating in the Cycle to Work scheme in the UK, Fietsplan in the Netherlands, and Prime Velo in France.
2. Payment via lease: we offer lease services in most markets, including a business lease service and a private lease service (the latter is only available in the Netherlands).
Our e-bikes are the result of over 10 years of continuous innovation. They're jam-packed with our custom-developed tech, and offer industry-leading features all geared towards making our riders’ lives a little easier.
Bike theft is still the main barrier preventing people from riding high-quality bikes. The E-bikes further VanMoof’s anti-theft pedigree with a host of features designed to give thieves nightmares – and make it easier for our Bike Hunters to recover stolen bikes.
Our responsive multi-phase alarms enable remote lockdown, location tracking, and disabling of all systems. Peace of Mind guarantees that we'll recover or replace your bike if it's stolen.
Our Rider Recognition enables a secure, encrypted connection with your smartphone – it'll automatically activate when you approach your bike. If someone tries to steal your bike, the alarm will be triggered and you'll receive an alert to your mobile via the VanMoof app. And, if the thief still isn’t deterred, our Bike Hunters will be on their way to return your beloved bike faster than you can say “stolen"". Our theft defense measures reduce the chance of bike theft as much as possible, and provide you with Peace of Mind. Still curious? Find all you need to know about our Theft Defense.
No feature sets VanMoof e-bikes apart more than the Turbo Boost. The Turbo Boost gives you a blast of instant acceleration by maxing out the motor torque. Designed for when you need a blast of instant acceleration most, you can easily race away from traffic lights, up steep hills, and across tricky intersections.
With our automatic E-shifter, you'll no longer have to think about changing gears. The E-shifter works in tandem with the integrated Smart Cartridge to switch gears at the perfect moment each and every time. Whether you’re climbing a steep slope, cruising a flat, or racing downhill, the E-shifter makes sure you’re in the right gear in a flash.
We think just as hard about how you’ll slow down. Our rides are the first e-bikes on the market with a fully integrated handlebar and brake assembly – making them just as beautiful to use as it is to look at. Our hydraulic brakes deliver much greater stopping power with very little effort. Now you have precise and powerful braking power in all conditions, with the pull of a single finger.
Our e-bikes are equipped with a front wheel motor that perfects the weight balance of your bike, giving you the smoothest ride possible. As soon as you start biking, the motor pulls the bike forward so you can get a head start. Front wheel motors are lighter than most mid-drive motors, so we can make sure that the total weight of our bikes remain low.
The motor is directly connected with the front wheel which makes the bike more responsive. A front wheel motor generally needs less maintenance as, unlike a mid-drive motor, it doesn't exert excessive force on the chain and the gear hub.
So, in summary:
1. A front wheel motor provides your e-bike with a good weight balance.
2. It is generally lighter than mid-drive motors which makes sure that the total weight of the e-bike remains low.
3. The motor is directly connected with the front wheel which makes the bike more responsive.
4. A front wheel motor generally requires less maintenance as the pressure on the chain and gear hub is lower than that of a mid-motor.
5. Mid-motors generally provide support for less time when going uphill because mid-drive motors get hot quickly.
Our growing network means that we can take our Peace of Mind guarantee to the next level.
If your VanMoof is stolen our Bike Hunters will get it back. We're putting bike thieves out of business with our integrated location tracking tech and iron-clad anti-theft guarantee. If your bike goes missing, just report it as stolen in the VanMoof app. The Bike Hunters will immediately get to work and recover your bike within two weeks. If they can't, we'll replace your bike with one of the same (or better) age and condition.
Over a three-year period we will keep your bike in optimal condition. Our Bike Doctors will complete proactive check-ups and provide responsive maintenance in over 17 cities. All costs for parts and labor are included in your service package.
Read everything you need to know about the service on our Peace of Mind page.
Turn up. Jump on. Put our e-bikes through their paces with a no-holds barred test ride. We're opening up in more cities than ever before! Find your nearest VanMoof locations and discover what it’s really like to ride the future. Book your test ride directly or find an e-bike store nearby.
No VanMoof Brand Store or Service Hub nearby? Sign up to our newsletter and you will be the first to know when we open up a location in your area.
We’ve always been convinced that e-bikes will eventually replace cars on city roads. And that day is dawning sooner than you might think. In cities like Amsterdam and Copenhagen, over 40% of their residents already commute by bike. These residents and many more are the riders who are leading the e-bike revolution across the world.
E-bike commutes already trump those by made by car. Some examples are:
1. Research has shown that the average commute time and distance by car in Germany's larger cities are almost the same as by e-bike.
2. The average round trip by car in major cities is only 200 meters longer than the average e-bike roundtrip, and a mere 1 min 58 seconds faster.
3. The world is looking for greener alternatives. E-bikes play a central role in replacing polluting transportation, and their use dramatically reduces CO2 emissions.
4. E-bikes make people healthier, and our planet a little happier.
5. E-bikes increase productivity and enhance space in our cities.
E-bikes have numerous advantages in comparison to commuting by a regular bicycle. Some examples are:
1. E-bikes save you that long, sweaty commute, transforming your journey into the best part of your day.
2. In cities with many bridges or steep hills, it can be uncomfortable to ride a normal bicycle. E-bikes amplify your pedal power to get over those hills and bridges with ease.
Car-dominated cities must become more environmentally balanced living spaces as the population of urban areas increases. Both public and political pressure that demands that our cities are rebuilt to cater to a more sustainable mobility structure is building every day. All around the world, roads are being converted into cycle paths. In countries such as France, the United States, the Netherlands, Germany, and many more, people are demanding that our cities are designed to be greener, more sustainable, smarter spaces. Read more about how our Riders are changing the world.