Service Warehouse Manager
Ready to join our global team of innovators, riders, and go-getters? We’re looking for a Service Warehouse Manager to lay the foundation for our European warehouse strategy as we take on our mission to redefine city mobility. You’ll be a part of the Operations team at VanMoof, and take the lead in developing strategic changes in our fulfilment set-up across Europe – a key part of our growth plans for 2021 and beyond.
To make our European operation more scalable, efficient, and profitable, we've partnered up with a 3PL. As our Service Warehouse Manager, your focus will be on improving our operations and re-evaluating our current operational processes to make sure they're water-tight and ready for our future expansion. You’ll train, coach, and motivate the Warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term fulfilment goals. We’ll expect you to take our Warehousing capabilities to new heights over your time at VanMoof.
Our ideal candidate is a capable problem-solver with an energizing team spirit who's able to set up, lead, and improve an entire fulfilment operation. Your expertise in developing processes combined with your exceptional organization and management skills will make sure our Service Warehouse runs smoother than ever. Your willingness to be hands-on, lead by example, and motivate teams for change will ultimately help us get the next billion on bikes.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll establish, monitor, and manage operation goals and develop warehouse operations systems.
- You’ll manage our third party logistics (3PL) to make sure we operate at peak efficiency.
- You’ll lead both the day-to-day operations of our warehousing, receiving, distribution and drive our future improvements by reviewing workflows and setting standards.
- You’ll coordinate optimal operational processes and procedures to maximize efficiency.
- You’ll create a motivating environment to lead and grow your team.
- You’ll manage all of our fulfilment channels (B2C, B2B, store replenishment, and European service outlets).
- You’ll manage our warehouse inventory and logistics.
What you'll bring:
- You have at least five years of experience in warehousing and/or logistics.
- You’re experienced in leading and managing a team, and you have a proven ability to create a motivating working environment.
- You have experience working with ERP/CRM systems – bonus points for experience with Odoo.
- You’re constantly looking to improve, take ownership, and work alongside your team members.
- You always approach challenges with a positive, problem-solving mindset.
Extremely nice to have
- You have proven experience at a company at a similar extreme growth stage, or in a similar role at a start-up/scale-up e-commerce or omni-channel business.
What you’ll get:
- 26 paid holiday days for you to unwind
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly bootcamp, weekly yoga, OneFit discount, and ClassPass credits
- Discount on Dutch health insurance
- Pension Plan by BrandNewDay
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.