Customer Support Specialist – Japanese
Ready to join an innovative bike company with a rapidly expanding global team? We're on the lookout for a Japanese-speaking problem-solver to join our ranks as a Customer Support Specialist. You'll be the voice of VanMoof for our riders who reach out to us for support via phone, email, or over chat. Sounds good to you? Keep reading…
As our Customer Support Specialist, you'll be our first port of call for Japanese-language support issues and customer service. We'll expect you to become a walking encyclopedia of all things VanMoof, able to provide tip-top technical assistance to our riders.
Our ideal candidate has native-level Japanese communication skills, and a positive, can-do approach to work. You should have a passion for customer service, and help us elevate our support capabilities as our riders' biggest advocate within VanMoof.
What you'll do:
- You’ll take care of customer service in a timely and accurate manner, no matter how big or small the request.
- You’ll be clued-up about all of our products and services so you can field any question from our growing community of riders.
- You’ll help turn our customers’ frowns upside down with expert communication and interpersonal skills.
- You’ll keep our online FAQs updated with all the latest questions and answers (and provide feedback).
- You’ll be our customers' biggest advocate internally and constantly push us to be better.
What you'll bring:
- You have three years of experience in a professional customer service environment – bonus points for high-end retail, technical products, or bike industry experience.
- You have native-level Japanese communication skills (both written and spoken). A solid command of the English language is preferred.
- You have business level Japanese writing skills.
- You're creative and will come up with new ideas and processes to prevent escalations.
- You're flexible and can work evenings, weekends, and public holidays as required.
- You're confident using digital tools.
- You thrive working in a rapidly expanding, fast-paced environment.
- You have a problem-solving mindset.
- You ideally live in or around Tokyo.
What you'll get:
- 15 holiday days plus public holidays
- Bi-annual performance awards (subject to individual and company results)
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- A space for you to grow your entrepreneurial skills
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.