Customer Support Specialist – Japan
We're an innovative bike company with a rapidly expanding team of riders all over the world. You're a Japanese-speaking problem-solver who'll be the voice of VanMoof for customers that contact us via social media, email, or over the phone.
What you'll do
- Own the phones and digital customer support tools like a pro, answering all questions big and small, as quickly as humanly possible.
- Be our first port of call for Japanese-language support issues and customer service
- Get smart with your working hours, so that every customer gets an answer when they need it.
- Become a walking Encyclopedia about all VanMoof products we've ever sold, so you can answer customer questions in an instant.
- Transform upset customers into happy ones, through a magic mix of empathy, honesty, and generosity, and escalating upwards when you need help to make it happen.
- Keep our online FAQ updated with all the latest questions and answers.
- Be our customers' biggest advocate internally, constantly pushing us to be better.
What you'll bring
- One to three years experience in some kind of customer-facing role. Bonus points if you have retail, technical, or cycle industry experience.
- Native Japanese communication skills, both written and spoken – any other language is a major bonus!
- Good command of the English language.
- The flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Buckets of confidence using digital tools.
- A can-do, give-me-a-problem-and-I'll-solve-it spirit.
- Living in Tokyo, our office is located near Harajuku station.
What you'll get
- Yearly salary of ¥2,704,000 ~ 3,380,000 — based on experience.
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Space for you to grow your entrepreneurial skills
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office.
- Remote work & support during Covid lock-downs
We’re obsessed with cities. So are our bikes. Truly city-proof, they shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power.
We made it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Join us on this journey.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all the above boxes. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excitement about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now!