Brand Store Manager (Japan)
Our Brand Stores are more than just bike shops – they’re the city hub for all things VanMoof. Our riders can take our latest e-bikes for a spin, stop by for a tune-up or repair, or even just drop by for a great cup of coffee. We’re looking for an excellent communicator, team leader, and go-getter to run our Tokyo Brand Store in Harajuku.
As a Brand Store Manager, you’ll take charge of our Tokyo Brand Store and work to deliver the best possible service and experience to our growing community of riders. You’ll recruit, lead, and train the Brand Store team, and perfect the look, feel, and experience across all visitor touchpoints. We’ll expect you to optimize performance across sales and operational processes, and work closely with the Global Retail team to overcome any potential roadblocks.
Our ideal candidate has a positive mindset and will work to continuously improve the in-store experience and productivity to help us effectively carry out our ambitious growth plans. Your experience in retail management will allow you to grow conversion, boost rider satisfaction, and act as a motivating example for the team.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll grow the Tokyo Brand Store into a VanMoof ‘embassy’, providing the best experience and service for our riders.
- You’ll turn the annual sales forecast into an actionable plan for your team to make sure we deliver our promises to customers and hit our targets.
- You’ll recruit and manage a high-performance Brand Store sales and Bike Doctor team.
- You’ll focus on leading, motivating, and training the team to optimize sales performance and rider satisfaction.
- You’ll take responsibility for the full operation of the Tokyo Brand Store and work with the operations and Bike Doctor teams to manage stock levels and provide accurate sales forecasts.
- You’ll keep the global team updated on progress and any potential challenges that you face to make sure the needs of local Brand Stores are met worldwide.
- You’ll develop ideas to surprise and delight our local riders and boost in-store efficiency.
What you'll bring:
- You have experience as manager or an assistant manager in a retail environment.
- You have at least two to three years of experience in people management.
- You have excellent language skills in English and Japanese, both oral and written.
- You have strong analytical and organizational skills.
- You approach challenges with a positive, problem-solving mindset, and you have excellent communication skills.
- You are flexible, and have an unstoppable entrepreneurial spirit.
What you'll get:
- 15 holiday days plus public holidays
- Annual bonus scheme
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- A space for you to grow your entrepreneurial skills
- Special snacks, tasty coffee, and lots of tea
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.