Bike Mechanic (Tokyo)
We're looking for an outstanding bike mechanic to help us become as famous for our service as we are for our bikes.
You're an outstanding bike mechanic with a love of bikes. We're an innovative bike company looking for someone to help us become famous for our service.
What you’ll do
- First and foremost, you'll be assembling, repairing and servicing our customer's bikes to the highest standard, in record time.
- You won't just be a bike mechanic though, because we don't just make bikes. You'll also be expected to develop an in-depth knowledge of our range (past and present), know and follow our world-class repair and assembly processes, keep our Bike Doctor workplace in ship shape, and make sure we're never short of a part.
- You'll have the smarts and the confidence to flag issues, whether they impact our bikes or our customers' happiness.
- You'll be expected to advise our customers from afar, so they can get their problems fixed no matter where they are. And if things get crazy, you'll be able to jump into the store and help our customers too.
What you'll bring
- A recognized bike technician qualification.
- Real-world experience as a bike technician.
- Extensive knowledge regarding bicycles and/or technique.
- Japanese Native level or N2 minimum
Extremely nice to have
- Experience in retail is a bonus.
- Oral and written English is a bonus.
What you'll get
- 15 holidays + public holidays
- Annual bonus scheme
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
We’re obsessed with cities. So are our bikes. Truly city-proof, they shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power.
We made it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Join us on this journey.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all the above boxes. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excitement about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now!