Supplier Quality Engineering Manager
Weâ€™re looking for a Supplier Quality Engineering Manager to help streamline our quality processes as we continue to grow into 2021 and beyond. Youâ€™ll be based at our production headquarters in Taipei, and work closely with our Production Quality, Manufacturing, and Research & Development (R&D) teams, network with suppliers, and oversee supplier quality systems. Over your time at VanMoof, youâ€™ll help us make our innovations a reality so we can get the next billion on bikes.
At VanMoof, weâ€™re rewriting the rulebook and redefining the way people move in cities forever. Alongside your team leader, youâ€™ll oversee the development of our e-bike manufacturing quality systems. Youâ€™ll lead supplier manufacturing readiness activities and process validation builds to make sure the launch and mass production of our products is flawless. Weâ€™ll expect you to provide leadership and technical direction to our team of Supplier Quality Engineers and Component Engineers based in Asia.
Our ideal candidate has in-depth experience in quality systems, and a creative problem-solving mindset to tackle any issues that might come up so all projects stay on track. Youâ€™ll be taking full control of our quality systems, so weâ€™re not only looking for a quality expert, but an influential team player.
What youâ€™ll do:
- Youâ€™ll manage quality escalations and make sure that the root causes of quality issues are resolved.
- Youâ€™ll complete control plans for all bike parts to make sure manufacturing requirements are well documented and that the parts match their drawings.
- Youâ€™ll develop, implement, and maintain methods, operation sequence, and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies.Â
- Youâ€™ll lead quality engineering related projects when required.
- Youâ€™ll work with the Test Engineering team on the design and development of text fixtures and assist in the coordination of test fixture sourcing activities.
- Youâ€™ll identify, investigate, analyze, and integrate new manufacturing processes, technology, and equipment in support of program objectives.
- Youâ€™ll manufacture and automate process and fixture development by identifying functional requirements, researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Youâ€™ll review the design of components and parts for design-for-manufacturability and design-for-test.
What you'll bring:
- You have extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering, manufacturing, and industrial engineering philosophies and processes.
- You have at least eight years of experience in a high-volume consumer electronics manufacturing, automotive, or micro-mobility industry.Â
- You have at least five years of quality management experience.
- Youâ€™re a certified quality manager, Six Sigma Black/Green Belt is preferred.
- You have a strong ability to drive actions and solutions through cross-functional teams.
- You have excellent communication skills, and are fluent in written and spoken English.
- You have experience generating functional requirements specifications.Â
- You have tolerance analysis experience.
- You can collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- You have an analytical and logical thought process, and always pay meticulous attention to detail.
- You currently live in Taiwan.
Extremely nice to have:
- Knowledge of e-bike manufacturingÂ
- Mechanical engineering design or mechanical manufacturing background
- An affinity for data analysis and report generation
- Decisive and effective at issue tracking and resolution
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to new challenges
- Ability to work unsupervised
What you'll get:
- 15 holiday days plus public holidays
- Bi-annual performance awards (subject to individual and company results)
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- A space for you to grow your entrepreneurial skills
- Special snacks, tasty coffee, and lots of tea
Weâ€™re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. Weâ€™re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.