Our Sourcing team’s mission is to optimize VanMoof's supply chain by selecting the best partners based on matrix of cost, quality, service, and delivery capabilities. The Sourcing team is made up of four innovators who manage sourcing across Asia, Europe, and the US, and we're on the lookout for an additional team player to take on the role of Sourcing Specialist.
As our Sourcing Specialist, you’ll assemble and drive an army of top-notch suppliers to provide world class service supporting Vanmoof’s epic innovation needs. You will report directly to the Head of Sourcing, and you'll be based at our production headquarters in Taiwan. Our ideal candidate has experience in scaling up a supply chain and driving cost reduction at an optimal level.
What you’ll do:
- You'll develop and implement initiatives which will optimize the cost structure of VanMoof products.
- You'll build rapport and align our goals with assigned suppliers.
- You'll become the center of knowledge for assigned category and share market trends, and our technology roadmap. You'll provide cost analysis reports to key stakeholders.
- You'll expertly negotiate cost price and contracts.
- You'll closely manage the product development schedule and provide strategic material when necessary.
- You'll fulfill sourcing requests and make sure they meet our engineering requirements across a variety of projects.
What you'll bring:
- You have 2-5 years of experience in a Sourcing related field. Preferably within fast-paced companies focused on Research, Development, and production.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have a solid understanding of EM/ME parts – experience with metal forge, extrusion, and casting processes is a plus.
- You have intermediate level English and native command of Mandarin.
- You currently live in Taiwan.
Extremely nice to have:
- You thrive in fast-paced and highly innovative environments.
- You have an appreciation for numbers and are comfortable presenting.
- You have strong social and communication skills.
What you'll get:
- 15 holiday days plus public holidays
- Bi-annual performance awards (subject to individual and company results)
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- A space for you to grow your entrepreneurial skills
- Special snacks, tasty coffee, and lots of tea
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.