Senior Purchasing Specialist
Ready to help our ever-growing team of innovators and go-getters achieve our ambitious targets as VanMoof strengthens its position as global e-bike leaders?
Our Procurement team is on the lookout for a Senior Purchasing Specialist to help us to optimize our production plan to achieve our business goals at VanMoof. The position is based at our production headquarters in Taiwan, where you’ll work within a tight-knit team to monitor our supply chain logistics and day-to-day operations. Your work will be divided into three key areas – vendor and original design manufacturer (ODM) management, key component management, and demand and production planning.
As our Senior Purchasing Specialist, you’ll be expected to review what we call the four M’s – machine, material, manpower, and method – with our original equipment manufacturer (OEM) partners. We’ll expect you to have experience both in scaling up supply chain operations, and in production planning and execution. Our ideal candidate will thrive in an ambitious and fast-paced environment, has excellent communication skills, and is fluent in both English and Mandarin.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll communicate with our OEM partners, our planner team, and our suppliers for forecast and production planning.
- You’ll track the material and production status to fulfill our demand worldwide.
- You’ll work with sourcers to resolve supply issues and you’ll manage our supply and demand tracking.
- You’ll coordinate product life cycle activities such as ECN monitoring, and second source and cost-down introduction.
- You’ll support a new product ramp up to fulfill our business requirements.
What you'll bring:
- You have at least five years of experience in sourcing or manufacturing in a related field, preferably within a fast-paced company with a focus on R&D and production.
- You currently live in Taiwan.
- You have native-level English and Mandarin language skills.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have an appreciation for numbers and you're comfortable presenting.
What you’ll get:
- 15 holiday days plus public holidays for you to unwind
- Annual bonus scheme
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- A space for you to grow your entrepreneurial skills
- Healthy lunch on Fridays
- Special snacks, tasty coffee, and lots of tea
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.