Senior Industrial Engineer – Automation
As VanMoof grows into 2021 and beyond, weâ€™re looking for a Senior Industrial Engineer – Automation to supercharge our manufacturing processes. Youâ€™ll work closely with both our Production Quality team and production supplier, networking with automation suppliers, and overseeing manufacturing systems. Weâ€™ve got some pretty crazy ideas, and we need you to help make them reality.
Weâ€™re rewriting the rulebook for how bikes are made, so youâ€™ll be overseeing the development of e-bike automating the manufacturing process that doesn't even exist yet. Youâ€™ll bring a diverse range of manufacturing, automation and robotics, and also a creative problem-solving mindset to tackle any issues that may arise.
Weâ€™ll need you to take control of our automation development management, which means weâ€™re not only looking for an industrial / automation expert, but a proven team player, with strong influential skills.
What youâ€™ll do
- Evaluate manufacturing processes; applying knowledge of equipment design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Conceptualize and develop automated equipment in conjunction with equipment vendors.
- Liaise with equipment vendors for the completion of equipment specifications.
- Project manage all aspects of prototype automation developments, from detailed design through to final validation.
- Ensure all machines are built to the correct standard and are validated for use.
- Complete all projects by training and guiding operators and technicians.
- Prepare maintenance (TPM) and repair service manuals following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures.
- Design jig and fixtures for â€śease of manufacturabilityâ€ť and quality (repeatability) improvement.
What you'll bring
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Automation Engineering (preferred); other technical qualifications considered.
- 10+ years in manufacturing/automation role.
- Machine maintenance, repair, upgrade retrofits, and validation.
- Automated machinery development, from cradle to grave.
- Knowledge of PLC & HMI programming and debugging.
- Solidworks design capabilities (jigs, fixtures, gauges, etc).
- Project management skills.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- You currently live in Taiwan.
Extremely nice to have
- Knowledge of e-bike manufacturing preferred.
- Process development.
- Report writing, PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
- Implementation of QA / QC procedures.
- Knowledge of process capability (SPC).
What you'll get
- 15 holidays + public holidays.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Your very own VanMoof bike.
- Laptop, screens, and software tools.
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company.
- A space for you to grow your entrepreneurial skills.
- Friday healthy lunch.
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea).
Weâ€™re obsessed with cities. So are our bikes. Truly city-proof, they shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We made it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Join us on this journey.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all the above boxes. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excitement about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now!