Reliability Test Engineer
Have you got the creativity and skills to help perfect our riders’ VanMoof experience? Our Product Development team in Taipei is looking for a Reliability Test Engineer to monitor, strengthen, and optimize our growth in the global market.
As our Reliability Test Engineer, you’ll work with a passionate and multi-disciplinary group of engineers to make sure our new products' mechanical, electrical, and firmware elements live up to both our internal and overarching e-bike industry standards. You’ll be part of defining the new standards we’ll strive towards in the development of our future products. Over your time at VanMoof, you’ll be expected to work on development projects from ideation to mass production.
Our ideal candidate has excellent organizational skills and thrives in a fast-paced and highly innovative environment. We’ll expect you to have a solid understanding of product development processes, and demonstrable experience in bringing products to life.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll work together with the engineering, quality, customer service, and Bike Doctor teams to identify failure modes and generate design validation test plans.
- You’ll collaborate with internal teams and vendors to perform component, system, and product validation by simulating realistic and accelerated dynamic usage and environmental conditions.
- You’ll create and execute design validation plans and test methods to validate performance requirements.
- You’ll investigate device failures to drive product development and test improvement.
- You’ll simulate complex product systems to validate firmware and hardware interactions.
- You’ll create novel ways to apply skills learned in the test lab to benefit the company and our products.
What you'll bring:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- You have at least five years of experience with physical testing and analysis of mechanical, thermal, or electrical systems.
- You’re experienced in creating and executing design validation plans and test methods to validate performance requirements.
- You have experience working in multifunction engineering teams.
- You have experience working in a high-volume environment.
- You’re currently based in Taipei.
- You have excellent English and Mandarin language skills.
Extremely nice to have:
- You have an appreciation for numbers and are comfortable presenting.
What you'll get:
- 15 holiday days plus public holidays
- Annual bonus scheme
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- A space for you to grow your entrepreneurial skills
- Special snacks, tasty coffee, and lots of tea
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.