Ready to help our ever-growing team of innovators and go-getters achieve our ambitious targets as we strengthen our position as global e-bike leaders? Our Procurement team is looking for a Purchasing Specialist to help us to optimize and track our material plan so we can achieve our business goals. The position is based at VanMoof's production headquarters in Taiwan, where you’ll work within a tight-knit team to monitor our supply chain logistics and day-to-day operations. Your work will be divided into three key areas – vendor management, key component management, and material allocation planning.
As our Purchasing Specialist, you’ll be expected to review material readiness at both New Product Introduction (MPI) and Mass Production stages, tracking both Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and VanMoof-purchased material. You'll be responsible for the allocation of material shipments to different OEMs to optimize our production and control stock. Our ideal candidate is experienced in supplier management and inventory control. You should be able to thrive in an ambitious and fast-paced environment, have excellent communication skills, and be fluent in both English and Mandarin.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll communicate with our OEM partners, Planner team, and our suppliers for forecast and material planning.
- You’ll track material and production status to fulfill our demand worldwide.
- You’ll work with sourcers to resolve supply issues and you’ll manage our supply and demand tracking.
- You’ll support the second source phase in schedule simulation to minimize the shortage situation.
What you'll bring:
- You have at least two years of experience in procurement or manufacturing in a related field, preferably within a fast-paced company with a focus on Research & Development and production.
- You currently live in Taiwan.
- You have native-level English and Mandarin language skills.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have an appreciation for numbers and you're comfortable presenting.
What you’ll get:
- 15 holiday days plus public holidays for you to unwind
- Annual bonus scheme
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- A space for you to grow your entrepreneurial skills
- Healthy lunch on Fridays
- Special snacks, tasty coffee, and lots of tea
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.