People Operations Specialist (Taipei)
At VanMoof, we’re growing at an exponential scale, and we’re looking for a new colleague to join our People Team. As People Operations Specialist you'll support and empower our teams all over the world, boosting productivity and performance. It’s vital that we give our people the structure and space to add maximum value – sound like your kind of challenge?
Joining the VanMoof People Team, it’ll be your mission to enable talent to perform at their very best by creating an immersive employee experience that unites our international teams. The People Team’s goal is to achieve greater business impact through smart talent initiatives.
We're looking for an energetic People Operations star who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. You'll need to be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and office support-related tasks, and be able to work independently. Our ideal candidate is well-organized, flexible, and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting multiple departments and an office of diverse people.
You’ll be responsible for the entire administrative side of our Taipei office, managing this process from new joiners to leavers (Vanmoof Alumni) and everything in-between, and also be running the day-to-day administrative tasks to ensure the office operates efficiently. We currently have over 40 people in our Taipei office, and we're continuing to grow in the coming years.
You’ll need to maintain a good overview of all administrative touch points throughout the employee journey and the office adventure. You also take full ownership of managing and improving the full process for each employee and the office administration.
Your biggest challenge will be to streamline both the People operations and Office administration processes, without compromising employee experience and the efficiency of the office, which is essential for creating a sustainable environment for future growth.
What you’ll do
- Handle all administrative touchpoints in the store employee journey. This includes creating all employment-related documents for the different entities, and ensuring a correct and complete (salary) administration every month (including reporting), as well as keeping all personnel systems up-to-date.
- Improve all administrative employee touchpoints from onboarding to offboarding, while keeping in mind the best possible employee experience – building processes in a human but scalable way.
- Become the main contact person, answering all employee questions in an accessible way that’s easy for everyone to understand.
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by planning and execution of equipment procurement, layout, office supplies, furniture, catering & food/beverage, office cleaning, and errands.
- Communicate all internal messaging as it relates to the daily operations.
- Oversee health and safety regulations within the office; ensure Covid protocols are in place and are being followed.
- Manage our employee wellness program for current employees (i.e. health and wellness events, yearly holiday parties, weekly company meals, etc.).
- Operational support for Performance Management processes, all-staff and manager training.
- Assisting the People Operations team with various projects and initiatives as needed.
- Assist with HR analytics, including engagement surveys, new hire surveys, and ad hoc polls.
What you'll bring
- 1 year experience owning and executing the full employee-cycle from start to finish and office administration.
- A proven record in handling international (salary) administration.
- An accurate and detail-oriented mindset.
- The ability to handle confidential information with care, while remaining friendly and approachable.
- An obsession for ensuring excellent employee satisfaction and service.
- A strong desire to work collaboratively across the entire organization.
- Ability to work autonomously but know when to reach out to your teammates for help when needed.
- In-depth knowledge of Taiwanese labor/social laws and applicable CLA agreements.
- Bachelor degree in related field.
- Business fluency/native command of English and Mandarin.
- You currently live in Taiwan.
Extremely nice to have
- Strong sense of urgency and efficiency in completing work and meet deadlines
- Ability to take self-initiative, be proactive, and offer creative solutions to problems
- You have an appreciation for numbers and are comfortable presenting
What you'll get
- 15 holidays + public holidays
- Annual bonus scheme
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- A space for you to grow your entrepreneurial skills
- Friday Healthy lunch
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea).
We’re obsessed with cities. So are our bikes. Truly city-proof, they shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We made it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Join us on this journey.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all the above boxes. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excitement about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now!