New Product Development Manager
Monitor, strengthen, and optimize our growth in the global market.
Have you got the ideas and skills to help perfect our riders’ VanMoof experience? Our Product Development team in Taipei is looking for a New Product Development Manager to monitor, strengthen, and optimize our growth in the global market.
As our New Product Development Manager, you’ll lead development projects from ideation to mass production. Your goal will be to make sure that we’re bringing the latest technologies to our products while always keeping costs and timelines in mind. Your extensive knowledge of product development in consumer electronics will help us in our effort to make the best e-bike in the world.
You’ll lead the New Product Development team in delivering emerging technologies in new product categories, and you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with various engineering teams across the company. Your key areas of focus will include building the team, new design and process characterization, and manufacturing the next generation of VanMoof products.
Our ideal candidate has excellent cross-organizational and team management skills, and thrives in a fast-paced and highly innovative environment. We’ll expect you to have a solid understanding of product development processes, and demonstrable experience in bringing products to life.
What you'll do:
- You’ll build and lead a team of engineers including DFX, Tooling, and Advanced Manufacturing Engineering.
- You’ll develop process documentation (assembly procedures, test procedures, BOMs, process flows, and process FMEAs) in conjunction with the engineering teams.
- You’ll manage the design analysis on components and assemblies to develop products that are cost efficient, manufacturable, and reliable.
- You’ll provide technical guidance and mentorship to other team members in making high impact design choices and decisions throughout the development cycles.
- You’ll lead cross-functional communication between internal teams and external vendors.
- You’ll enable the development effort by creating and monitoring a streamlined process between teams and external vendors.
- You’ll facilitate good communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to engineering management.
What you'll bring:
- You have a bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- You have at least 8 years of experience either in leading Design for Manufacturing (DFM), as a New Product Development Manager, or as a Process Engineering Manager – and you've worked on projects from development through to mass production.
- You have experience in managing multifunction engineering teams.
- You have experience working in a high-volume environment.
- You’re currently based in Taipei.
Extremely nice to have:
- You thrive in dynamic environments.
- You have an appreciation for numbers and are comfortable presenting.
What you'll get
15 holidays + public holidays.
Annual bonus scheme.
Laptop, screens, and software tools.
Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company.
A space for you to grow your entrepreneurial skills.
Friday healthy lunch.
Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea)
We’re obsessed with cities. So are our bikes. Truly city-proof, they shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We made it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Join us on this journey.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all the above boxes. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excitement about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now!