Monitor, strengthen, and optimize our growth in the world market
As Mechanical Engineer on the Product Development Team, you'll take responsibility for leading component and product development from concept through to mass production. Your goal is to ensure that components are built according to specifications and shipped to the given timeline. You’ll bring an engineering professional perspective and a deep working knowledge of product development for consumer electronics products and industrial products.
You’ll need to have a strong understanding of the product development process and hands-on experience in bringing products to life. You'll also need excellent cross-organizational and project management skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving, and highly innovative environment.
You’ll be constantly thinking and questioning out of the box. Dreaming up innovative solutions with your skills and expertise, you’ll turn conceptual product designs into detailed 3D models and 2D drawings, performing all necessary validation. Then, you’ll find and work closely with suppliers and the cross-functional team.
What you’ll do
- Make sure components of mechanical design and development meet engineering requirements and regulations.
- Optimize concepts and designs with analytical and physical assessments, ensuring conformation to regulations governing assigned systems.
- Create CAD models, drawings, and BOM management, use best practices for ensuring CAD completeness and compatibility, support the release process.
- Create and develop component requirements and specifications to achieve top performance and design quality.
- Lead product and components design reviews, mediation in trade-off situations to ensure design solutions are in sync with product attribute targets.
- Create and execute component and subsystem verification plans and test methods.
- Cooperate with suppliers for manufacturing feasibility, validation, and other engineering activities as specified for the assigned commodity.
- Works on issues analysis and deliver feasible solutions for troubleshooting.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree in Automobile or Mechanical Engineering.
- Min. 3 yrs experience in Mechanical Engineering.
- Solid understanding of design for manufacturing/assembly (DFM/DFA) such as plastic injection molding, metal stamping, die-casting, forging, MIM, injection/heat press rubber parts.
- Outstanding 3D modelling/2D drawing skills. SOLIDWORKS is an advantage.
- A detail-oriented personality with solid documentation skills.
- Proven problem solving and strong communication skills.
- Experience with high volume manufacturing is a plus.
- Excellent English communication skills.
Extremely nice to have
- Ability to thrive in dynamic environments.
- Proven experience in:
- consumer electronics product
- vehicle head/taillight product
- transmission/gear box components
- Design from concept development to production.
What you'll get
- 15 holidays + public holidays.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Your very own VanMoof bike.
- Laptop, screens, and software tools.
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company.
- A space for you to grow your entrepreneurial skills.
- Friday healthy lunch.
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea).
We’re obsessed with cities. So are our bikes. Truly city-proof, they shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power.
We made it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Join us on this journey.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all the above boxes. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excitement about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now!