We’re on the hunt for a Manufacturing Engineer based in Taipei to supercharge our manufacturing processes in 2021 and beyond. We'd like someone to work closely with our production quality team, R&D, and production supplier to maintain crucial oversight of our manufacturing process and process improvement activities. We pride ourselves on our innovative, fast-paced, and creative working culture – and your focus will be to bring our ideas to life.
At VanMoof, we like to do things a little differently. We’re rewriting the rulebook when it comes to bikes, and with this comes both eureka moments and a fair share of challenges. We expect you to bring a diverse range of manufacturing experience to the table, and your creative problem-solving mindset will be able to tackle anything that comes your way. You’ll oversee the development, implementation, and improvement of our e-bike process as part of an innovative and tightly-knit team.
Our ideal candidate will have a proactive work ethic – we want you to take complete ownership of our manufacturing process. We'll be looking for assembly/testing process experience and also a dedicated team player with a thirst for innovation to help us succeed in our mission to get the next billion on bikes.
What you’ll do:
- Work with R&D and SQE on implementing changes to the manufacturing process.
- Perform PFEMA process, and determine risk and impact during product development and engineering changes
- Work with our R&D during the NPI process to determining SOP/SIP and relevant documentation are properly implemented in our manufacturing facility to ensure VanMoof standards are properly followed
- Design jig and fixtures for “ease of manufacturability” and quality/repeatability improvements
- Work with the our manufacturing partners on getting the right testing equipment and jigs in place to ensure a reliable production process
- Work with QE on quality enhancement projects
- Work with IE on developing automated testing equipment and fixtures
- Provide support to R&D to resolve manufacturing issues and ensure process improvement
- Validate manufacturing systems, establish critical processes and prepare reports for performance when needed
- Analyze data and monitor implementation of a process and quality control strategy
What you'll bring:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering (mechanical or EE preferred).
- You have at least five years of experience in manufacturing, or in a production-quality role.
- NPI experience towards process design and implementation
- Strong knowledge of PFEMA process and mechanical assembly
- Knowledge in testing fixture design & mechanical jig design
- Familiar with problem solving methodologies such as 8D, SCAR, etc.
- You are fluent in written and verbal English
- You know how to use process quality tools, including MSA.
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re able to learn quickly, and you’re comfortable working solo as well as within a team
- You’re proficient in the use of spreadsheet software, specifically MS Excel skills.
- You currently live in Taiwan.
Extremely nice to have:
- Knowledge of e-bike manufacturing
- Automated machinery development, from cradle to grave
- Knowledge of PLC & HMI programming and debugging
- Solidworks design capabilities (jigs, fixtures, gauges, etc)
What you’ll get:
- 15 paid holiday days for you to unwind
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.