Junior Industrial Designer
Excited by the thought of joining our ever-growing team of go-getters and innovators? We’re looking for a Junior Industrial Designer to create unique new concepts for our bikes and accessories. You’ll join our ambitious Product Development team and be involved with projects from early concept phase to mass production. You’ll bring your passion to the table and use your creative problem-solving skills to create compelling design solutions.
As a Junior Industrial Designer, you’ll be based at our Research & Development (R&D) headquarters in Taipei. You’ll create concepts and renders for bike accessories – such as carriers, saddles, and pannier bags – and packaging. We'll expect you to identify user problems and needs, and present your solutions clearly.
Our ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the industrial design process, and hands-on experience in creating mockups. You have good technical background, and are detail-oriented, organized, and have excellent communication skills. You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced and highly innovative environment.
What you’ll do:
- You'll work on and take ownership of accessory products, packaging solutions, and 3D render projects.
- You'll present concepts, developmental work, and finalized design solutions by methods meeting the specific needs of each project.
- You'll communicate your findings as sketches, artistic renderings, CAD models, mockups and prototypes.
- You'll work closely with suppliers to develop new products.
What you'll bring:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design. A master's degree is a plus.
- You're proficient in CAD (Solidworks or Rhino preferred).
- You have a great sketching ability that helps you clearly communicate concepts and ideas.
- You have experience with model making.
- You have experience working in multifunction design and engineering teams.
- You have a creative mindset and an organized way of working.
- You’re currently based in Taipei.
- You thrive in dynamic and fast-paced working environments.
Extremely nice to have:
- Proficiency in rendering in Keyshot.
- Fluent English language (both written and verbal) is a plus.
What you'll get:
- 15 holiday days plus public holidays
- Bi-annual performance awards (subject to individual and company results)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly growing international company
- A space for you to grow your entrepreneurial skills
- Special snacks, tasty coffee, and lots of tea
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.