As VanMoof grows into 2021 and beyond, we’re looking for an Industrial Engineer to supercharge our manufacturing processes. You’ll work closely with both our production quality team and production supplier, networking with automation suppliers, and overseeing manufacturing systems. We’ve got some pretty crazy ideas, and we need you to help make them a reality.
We’re currently rewriting the rulebook for how bikes are made, so you’ll be overseeing the development of e-bike automating the manufacturing process that doesn't even exist yet. You’ll bring a diverse range manufacturing, automation and robotics, and also a creative problem-solving mindset to tackle any issues that may arise.
We’ll need you to take control of our automation development management, which means we’re not only looking for an industrial / automation expert, but a proven team player, with strong influential skills.
What you’ll do
- Evaluate manufacturing processes; applying knowledge of equipment usage during assembly, testing procedure; soliciting observations from operators to help develop the most efficient assembly process.
- Develop & improve manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; Work with manufacturing engineers on researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment for improved efficiency
- Evaluate the layout of manufacturing facilities and determining personnel requirements
- MVA evaluation pertaining towards DL/IDL HC, factory floor space SG&A
- Manufacturing capacity & efficiency evaluation of manufacturing partners
- Automation testing equipment evaluation and development to simulate test rides
- Study the manufacturing process and complete all change projects by training and guiding operators and technicians
- Evaluate jig and fixtures for “ease of manufacturability” and quality (repeatability) improvement
- Refining control systems to minimize costs and production issues.
- Preparing equipment/jig lists, cost analyses, and estimated production costs on improvement projects
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Automation Engineering (preferred); other technical qualifications considered.
- 7+ years in manufacturing/automation role.
- Machine maintenance, repair, upgrade retrofits, and validation.
- Automated machinery development, from cradle to grave. (preferred)
- NPI Process development experience relating to evaluating facility layout requirements
- Ability to evaluate CT/UPH/Capacity based on SOP
- Ability to determine FATP MVA/manufacturing NRE based on SOP/BOM.
- Solid-works design capabilities (jigs, fixtures, gauges, etc).
- Project management skills.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- You currently live in Taiwan.
Extremely nice to have (if applicable)
- Knowledge of e-bike manufacturing preferred.
- Report writing, PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
- Experience in implementation of QA / QC procedures.
- Knowledge of process capability (SPC).
What you'll get
- 15 holidays + public holidays.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Laptop, screens, and software tools.
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company.
- A space for you to grow your entrepreneurial skills.
- Friday healthy lunch.
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea).
We’re obsessed with cities. So are our bikes. Truly city-proof, they shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power.
We made it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Join us on this journey.