Eager to join us on our mission to change the world's perception of urban mobility? Our growing team of Engineers and Designers based in Taipei and Amsterdam are on the lookout for a Firmware Engineer to strengthen the Research & Development (R&D) team. You'll be at the core of the creation of our next generation of connected e-bikes, and design game-changing products that will revolutionize the way we move forever.
You'll report to the Head of R&D, and work with the ambitious and innovative R&D team across both Taipei and Amsterdam. You'll work with the Design and Electrical Engineering team to create an optimized, high-performance, and cost-effective designs. We'll expect you to drive the design, coding, testing, bring-up, integration, continuous maintenance, improvements, and releases of the subsystems under your responsibility.
Our ideal candidate is experienced in developing high-volume complex consumer electronics products, and thrives in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, and highly innovative environment.
What you’ll do:
- You'll translate high-level product requirements into implementable distributed software for a modern connected e-bike.
- You'll work with the Embedded Software team and other internal teams to define and implement all the subsystems that our e-bikes require.
- You'll actively participate in design and code reviews.
- You'll make sure proper testing, validation, and certification of the overall system is carried out.
What you'll bring:
- You have a degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (BS, MS preferred).
- You have at least four years of experience in developing and bringing to market complex, consumer electronics products (e.g. battery powered connected mobile devices).
- You have experience in shipping high-volume consumer products.
- You have in depth knowledge and experience of software engineering methodology, processes, and good practices.
- You have a solid understanding of most technologies used in modern consumer electronic products (e.g. embedded OS, RTOS, complex SOCs, Android and iOS, middleware and frameworks, sensors, wireless interfaces, and UI).
- You have excellent knowledge of agile software development processes, DevOps, and tools (e.g. Jira, Git, Jenkins, and Gerrit).
- You have a good understanding of modern embedded operating systems, ARM system architecture, Android, and iOS App development.
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- You're fluent in Mandarin and English.
Extremely nice to have:
- Production and test engineering knowledge.
- Experience with realtime systems.
- Electromechanical experience.
What you'll get:
- 15 holiday days plus public holidays
- Bi-annual performance awards (subject to individual and company results)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- A space for you to grow your entrepreneurial skills
- Special snacks, tasty coffee, and lots of tea
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.