Factory Engineering Manager
We’re looking for a Factory Engineering Manager to help streamline our manufacturing quality processes as we grow our business. You’ll work closely with our Production Quality, Manufacturing, and Supplier Quality teams, network with suppliers, and oversee manufacturing quality systems. Basically, we’ve got some pretty crazy ideas and we need you to help make them a reality.
We’re rewriting the rulebook on how bikes are made, so along with your team leader, you’ll be overseeing the development of e-bike manufacturing quality systems. You’ll have a depth of experience in quality systems, and a creative problem-solving mindset to tackle any issues that might come up.
You’ll be taking full control of our quality systems, so we’re not only looking for a quality expert, but an influential team player.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll lead manufacturing readiness activities and process validation builds to ensure flawless launch and mass production.
- You’ll solve problems efficiently to keep all projects on track timewise.
- You’ll provide leadership and technical direction to Vanmoof's team of supplier quality engineers and product quality engineers based in Asia.
- You’ll manage quality escalations and make sure that the root causes of quality issues are resolved.
- You’ll complete control plans for all parts to make sure manufacturing requirements are well documented and parts match their drawings.
- You’ll develop, implement, and maintain methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
- You’ll lead manufacturing engineering related projects when required.
- You’ll develop and use test procedures, including assisting with the definition of test specifications with design or software engineering.
- You may work with test engineering on the design and development of text fixtures and assist in the coordination of test fixture sourcing activities.
- You’ll identify, investigate, analyze, and integrate new manufacturing processes, technology, and equipment in support of program objectives.
- You’ll manufacture and automate process and fixture development by identifying functional requirements, researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- You’ll review the design of components and parts for design-for-manufacturability and design-for-test.
What you'll bring:
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing and industrial engineering philosophies and processes
- 10+ years of experience in high volume consumer electronics manufacturing or in the micro-mobility industry
- A minimum of five years quality management experience
- A strong ability to drive actions and solutions through cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills – fluency in both written and spoken English
- Experience generating functional requirements specifications
- Tolerance analysis experience
- An ability to collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
- You’re a certified quality manager – Six Sigma Black or Green Belt is preferred
- You currently live in Taiwan
Extremely nice to have:
- Knowledge of e-bike manufacturing
- An affinity for data analysis and report generation
- An analytical and logical thought process, with great attention to detail
- Decisive and effective at issue tracking and resolution
- Ability to adapt to new challenges
- Ability to work unsupervised
What you'll get
15 holidays + public holidays.
Annual bonus scheme.
Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease).
Laptop, screens, and software tools.
Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company.
A space for you to grow your entrepreneurial skills.
Friday healthy lunch.
Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea)
We’re obsessed with cities. So are our bikes. Truly city-proof, they shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We made it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Join us on this journey.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all the above boxes. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excitement about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now!