Change how we ride bikes and change how we perceive urban mobility.
We are a growing team of engineers and designers in Taipei and Amsterdam. As an Electrical Engineer, you'll be at the core of the creation of next generation connected e-bikes, designing game-changing products that revolutionize city mobility. You'll be reporting to the Head of R&D – Hardware and Embedded Software, and working with the whole of the R&D organization in Taipei and Amsterdam. Our ideal candidate has experience in developing high-volume complex consumer electronics products.
What you’ll do
- Working with the team and external partners, define and implement parts of electrical subsystems that are required in a complex electromechanical system.
- Design and develop proof-of-concepts to validate ideas, and then refine them into working, manufacturable modules.
- For the specific modules under your responsibility, design and implement the circuits and assemblies (with internal teams and external partners), perform the bring-up and full functional validation, until final integration with the rest of the system.
- Design the test plans and supporting test setups and fixtures for both functional and manufacturing tests.
- Provide technical guidance and support to other team members throughout the development cycles.
- Drive continuous reliability, yield, and performance improvements throughout development and into production.
What you'll bring
- Electrical Engineering Degree (BS, MS preferred).
- Experience in developing and bringing to market highly complex, consumer electronics products (e.g. battery powered connected mobile devices).
- Experience with high-volume consumer products.
- Hands-on experience of the process required to bring electronic products to production.
- Knowledge of most technologies used in modern consumer electronic products (e.g. UI, complex SOCs, sensors, wireless interfaces, embedded software).
- Solid knowledge of high speed digital design, EMI and RF system integration.
- Good understanding of modern embedded software.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
Extremely nice to have
- Experience with wireless systems, power electronics and RF.
- Electromechanical experience.
- Production and test engineering knowledge.
What you'll get
- 15 holidays + public holidays.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Your very own VanMoof bike.
- Laptop, screens, and software tools.
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company.
- A space for you to grow your entrepreneurial skills.
- Friday healthy lunch.
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea).
We’re obsessed with cities. So are our bikes. Truly city-proof, they shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We made it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Join us on this journey.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all the above boxes. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excitement about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now!