Design for Excellence Engineer (DFX)
We’re always looking for innovative ways to fine-tune our riders’ VanMoof experience. Ready to play a part in one of the most exciting fields of technological innovation? Our Product Development team in Taipei is looking for a Design for Excellence (DFX) Engineer to monitor, strengthen, and optimize our growth in the global market.
As our DFX Engineer, you’ll lead development projects from ideation to mass production. Your goal will be to make sure that products are built according to specifications, and shipped by the given timeline. Your extensive knowledge of product development in consumer electronics will help us in our effort to make the best e-bike in the world. You’ll work with the DFX team to deliver emerging technologies in new product categories, and you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with various engineering teams across the company. Your key areas of focus will include design development, new design and process characterization, and manufacturing the next generation of VanMoof products.
Our ideal candidate has excellent cross-organizational and project management skills, and thrives in a fast-paced and highly innovative environment. We’ll expect you to have a solid understanding of product development processes, and have demonstrable experience in bringing products to life.
What you'll do:
- You’ll develop assembly processes and mechanical designs to enable products to move through the development phase.
- You’ll collaborate with product development teams to identify design elements that are new, unique, or challenging, and bring them to life through engineering validation cycles.
- You’ll work with cross-functional teams and external vendors to define, characterize, and deliver manufacturing processes.
- You’ll direct activities to solve complex design and manufacturing challenges.
- You’ll support cost reduction and yield improvement efforts.
- You’ll plan and perform statistical analyses to characterize process and design interactions.
- You’ll create best practices guidelines and documentation to make sure our future product development processes are as efficient as possible.
- You’ll drive clear and accurate communications and recommendations by distilling complex technical challenges, outlining options, and providing supporting data.
What you'll bring:
- You have a bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- You have at least six years of experience either in design for manufacturing (DFM) or as a process engineer, and have worked on projects from development through to mass production.
- You have experience of working with aluminium in processes such as welding, painting, die cast, and forging.
- You have experience working in a high-volume environment.
- You are currently based in Taipei.
- You have good English and Mandarin language skills, both written and spoken.
- You have an appreciation for numbers and are comfortable presenting.
What you'll get
15 holidays + public holidays.
Annual bonus scheme.
Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease).
Laptop, screens, and software tools.
Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company.
A space for you to grow your entrepreneurial skills.
Friday healthy lunch.
Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea)
We’re obsessed with cities. So are our bikes. Truly city-proof, they shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We made it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Join us on this journey.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all the above boxes. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excitement about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now!