US Marketing Specialist
As our Marketing Specialist, you’ll be part of the Marketing Operations team in the Marketing department and you'll report to the Brand Content Manager. The main objective of the team is to make our marketing activities run as smooth as possible, whilst creating brand consistency throughout all customer facing content; from our marketing initiatives to the price tags in our brand stores, from B2B events to FAQ's.
We're focus on campaign and program management, content localization/ transcreation, VanMoof's social and blog as well as creative services across multiple touch points. It’s all about making sure our content is hitting our markets in the right way.
You’ll be working with a fun bunch; the team consists of designers, copywriters, channel managers, and project managers. And for the role, you’ll be based in our NYC office.
Why are we opening this role, we hear you ask? Well, we want to create the best connection with our markets, and make sure our content is localized to be the most relevant in the market. Sounds good to you? Keep on reading.
Your core focus will be to support on marketing rollout in the broadest sense. You'll be our eyes and ears in your market and you'll need to be a natural at rolling out our marketing activities. As cliché as it sounds, no day will be the same for you.
Due to the nature of your position, you will be working on many different projects. You will be mostly working with the Marketing Operations team, but don't be surprised if you get a call by our PR, Content Production or Growth team.
To give you an idea of what comes up, it’s things like: helping with a shoot at our Brand Store, supporting local activations, working with our Social team on our city guides and creating Tiktoks, scouting riders with the best stories in your city, handing out bikes to journalists if PR specialists can't be on location, checking if our Brand Stores and Service Hubs are still looking on point and if not taking action, and making B2B test ride events come to life. The options really are endless.
What you’ll do:
- You'll operationally support marketing activities in your market.
- You'll ensure high quality localization.
- You'll support our HQ PM's in local productions.
- You'll be the eyes and ears in the market – you flag interesting stories that need to get a wider audience.
- You'll collaborate with our copywriters at HQ to make sure our message always stays consistent.
- You'll support our Brand Content team in our 50 cities strategy.
What you'll bring:
- Native English skills
- 2 years of experience in an all-round marketing role (including offline/print production)
- Great eye for detail
- Ambition and genuine interest in marketing
- Exceptional communication skills
- Great team spirit and lots of energy
Extremely nice to have:
- A degree in journalism, marketing, advertising – or a related field
- Experience in a marketing team at a startup
- Experience in copywriting
- Tip-top organization skills
What you'll get:
- 15 paid holiday days for you to unwind
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Weekly lunch provided when in the office
- Healthy snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- ClassPass credits
- ADP health insurance (and other) benefits
Deadline for applying to this role is the 8th of October at noon.
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, go for it! Apply now.