Marketing Specialist DE
As our Marketing Specialist DE, you’ll be part of the Brand Content team in the Marketing department and report to the Brand Content Manager. The Brand Content team is responsible for campaign and programme management, as well as creative services across multiple touchpoints. It’s all about making sure our content is hitting our markets in the right way.
You’ll be working with a fun bunch; the team consists of designers, copywriters, channel managers, and project managers. And for the role, you’ll be based in our Amsterdam HQ but you’ll be working remotely from Berlin.
Why are we opening this role, we hear you ask? Well, we want to create the best connection with our markets, and make sure our content is localized to be the most relevant in the market. Sounds good to you? Keep on reading.
Your role will have two core focuses:
- Localization – Here you’ll make sure all our written content is being translated to your native language. This covers quite a bit; from web copy and FAQs to subtitles on our support videos. You’ll work with our English Copywriter and Content Editor to find the right tone of voice in your native language. You may also be asked to check that our other content fits culturally to your market, and help our HQ teams get a better understanding of the cultural sentiment in your market.
- Support marketing rollout – For this you'll be our eye and ears in your market and you'll need to be a natural at rolling out our marketing activities. As cliché as it sounds, no day will be the same for you. To give you an idea of what comes up, it’s things like: helping with a shoot at our Brand Store, supporting local activations, working with our Social team on our city guides, scouting riders with the best stories in your city, handing out bikes to journalists if PR specialists can’t be in-market, checking if our Brand Stores and Service Hubs look on brand, and making B2B test ride events come to life. The options really are endless.
What you’ll do:
- You'll develop the German tone of voice in collaboration with the team at HQ.
- You'll translate English copy to German on all consumer channels including the website, CRM, social, retail, paid media, the blog, and more.
- You'll operationally support marketing activities in your market.
- You'll ensure high quality localization.
- You'll be the eyes and ears in the market – you flag interesting stories that need to get a wider audience.
- You'll collaborate with our copywriters at HQ to make sure our message always stays consistent.
- You'll support our Brand Content team in our 50 cities strategy.
What you'll bring:
- Native German language skills
- 1-2 years of experience in an all-round marketing role that included copywriting, content writing, or translating from English to your local language
- Ambition and genuine interest in marketing
- Exceptional communication skills
- Great team spirit and lots of energy
Extremely nice to have:
- A degree in journalism, marketing, advertising – or a related field
- Experience in a marketing team at a startup
- Tip-top organization skills
What you'll get:
- 26 paid holidays days
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly bootcamp, weekly yoga, OneFit discount
- Discount on Dutch health insurance
- Remotely work from Berlin, but spend one day a week at our Brand Store and office.
Deadline for applying to this role is Wednesday the 5th of May at noon.
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, go for it!