We are an innovative bike company that's changing the world of mobility. And we have a world of technology built around our next generation connected e-bikes. We're looking for a Web Developer who'll help us scale up our riders' ecosystem to offer a web experience that's as fun and exciting as it is to ride our bikes.
As a Web Developer you will join our agile development team, focusing on expanding and improving our e-commerce and customer portal capabilities. In this role you will have the freedom to explore new ideas, so a proactive mindset is essential. You'll also have a deep working knowledge of relevant web technologies, and help us translate them into innovative solutions. You will work closely with other developers, content creators, designers and testers, as well as our external development partners.
What you'll do
- Prototype and design new ideas, implement new features, connect with external systems, and optimize existing code to improve quality and stability.
- Participate in code reviews, define systems architecture with your peers, and implement tests and continuous integration pipelines to rapidly deliver new features.
- Improve the current platforms we have in place as well as work with new systems and technologies.
- Solve complex problems and architectural challenges such as performance issues, integration of multiple APIs, and asynchronous programming.
- Proactively keep an eye on developments in relevant web technologies.
- Play an active role in the process of modernizing our technology stack to allow VanMoof to scale exponentially while keeping the systems running stable and smooth.
Here are some of the challenges you'll be taking on
- Integrate with our different systems to offer a unified view of their data to our customers: letting them manage it, and empowering them to interact with our internal systems directly (e.g. to book appointments, solve bike issues, find the right accessories for their bikes).
- Extend our My VanMoof customer portal with features to allow our riders to fully control and operate their bikes from the website.
- Expand and future-proof our Planning Tool (used for test rides and repairs) to make it scalable, performant, and integrated with our internal systems (ERP, Customer Support portal).
- Create an advanced troubleshooting platform so that our riders can resolve any of their product-related issues themselves.
What you'll bring
- At least 4 years hands-on experience in building and releasing web applications addressing the entire stack from infrastructure, development, to best deployment practices.
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP), and are comfortable managing the infrastructure of the site with DevOps practices (or are willing to learn it).
- Familiarity with software testing (unit/end to end/functional).
- Experience with consuming, designing, and building (RESTful) APIs.
- Experience with code versioning (GitHub).
- Currently based in Amsterdam, or are willing to commute daily.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
What you'll get
- 26 paid holidays for you to unwind
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly Bootcamp, Weekly Yoga, Onefit discount & Classpass credits
- Discount on Dutch Health Insurance
We’re obsessed with cities. So are our bikes. Truly city-proof, they shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We made it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Join us on this journey.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all the above boxes. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excitement about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now