Ready to join our growing team of innovators and go-getters on a mission to get the next billion on bikes? Our Experience Design team is looking for a UX Writer to join their passionate team of strategic designers and content creators. The Experience Design team reaches horizontally across the company to make sure that our riders and internal users enjoy a comprehensive, cohesive, and superior VanMoof experience. As a UX Writer, you’ll elevate our words to the same level as our pixels.
You’ll write copy for multiple touchpoints, providing our riders with clear and structured information. Your copy will be straightforward and intuitive, and written to guide our users through both physical and digital experiences. You’ll be expected to go beyond writing microcopy for buttons and menus to create and maintain a strong and unified language and tone of voice for all VanMoof outputs.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll turn technical lingo into clear and concise in-product copy, such as errors and notifications.
- You’ll write with a systems mindset to create copy that reaches across time and touchpoints.
- You’ll understand and write for the needs of different types of users, from riders and Bike Doctors, to customer service agents.
- You’ll collaborate with the Experience Design team to improve the user experience.
- You’ll experiment with multiple versions to continuously optimize what we’re saying and how we’re saying it.
- You’ll collaborate with stakeholders across product and operational teams.
- You’ll create and maintain content guidelines and contribute to our content strategy.
What you'll bring:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in English or Creative Writing, or equivalent.
- You have at least one year of experience as a UX writer.
- You have native level English language skills – bonus points for additional languages.
- You have basic proficiency with design tools such as Adobe CC and Figma.
- You have demonstrable experience writing accessible copy for non-native English speaking audiences.
- You have an ability to understand and translate technical jargon into user-friendly copy.
- You have a history of collaborating with design teams to bring a user experience to life.
- You’re experienced in creating and contributing to content guidelines and strategy.
- You have a strong drive to articulate the rationale behind writing decisions.
- You’re able to manage time across multiple projects and competing priorities.
- You have a passion for the details of linguistic and typographic style.
Extremely nice to have:
- Experience working within the software development cycle
- Experience validating instructional and microcopy through research
What you’ll get:
- 26 paid holiday days for you to unwind
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Pension Plan by BrandNewDay
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly bootcamp, weekly yoga, OneFit discount, and ClassPass credits
- Discount on Dutch health insurance
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.