As our Technical Recruiter, you will partner with our Research & Development (R&D) team to recruit roles that range from everything from hardware engineering and industrial design, to web development, and everything in between. We're building a connected consumer product so your recruitment scope is much wider than most technology companies. On a typical day, you might be closing a Backend Engineer, have a hiring intake meeting with one of our Product Owners and get pulled in on a meeting on how to source a more diverse pool of Embedded Developers.
At VanMoof, we're on an interesting journey when it comes to recruitment. Over the past year, our relatively new team have been building the foundation of what we believe good recruitment should look like. But we're only just getting started. We're constantly looking for ways to improve, so you'd be in a unique position to influence our plans as we continue to grow. Our recruitment is driven by data. We measure our output, analyze what works and what doesn't, and implement improvements.
We're using innovative, non mainstream hiring techniques to give everyone involved in the hiring process a great experience.
What does a typical working week look like?
Monday: we have our weekly meeting with the whole Recruitment team, in which we discuss general updates, bring each other up to speed on the projects we're driving, and a member of the team hosts a run-through demo. You'll spend a few hours researching where PHP Developers hang out online.
Tuesday: we start the mornings with our tech recruitment stand-up in which you'll quickly brief each other about what's in store for the day ahead. You'll catch up with your Hiring Managers to strategize on upcoming hires. Then you have your 1:1 with Sjamilla, focussing on your growth and career path.
Wednesday: today might be your morning screening block. You'll deliver the feedback in our ATS and push candidates through the hiring pipelines. Together with Lina, you'll work on one of our OKRs, building a strategy on how we make sure our funnels are more diverse.
Thursday: we live by the moto "always be closing". You'll do your catch up with one of the candidates in the later stages and make sure they have everything they need before going into their final interview.
Friday: You'll update your Hiring Managers with all that's been achieved, and pintpointing where we can we do better. You'll celebrate your successes during (digital) drinks with your colleagues. Let's get you into the weekend!
This indicative of what we think your week could look like. How it will really be is obviously up to you. We give you the freedom to do your best work and deliver it in a way you feel most comfortable with.
What you'll do:
- You'll partner with our dedicated Hiring Managers and VanMoof teams and make sure they can hire with confidence.
- You'll level-up any technology skills that you don't fully grasp.
- You'll explore new channels to find the best talent for VanMoof.
- You'll understand and embrace our unique values, and educate all Hiring Managers on how talent acquisition works.
- You'll design and implement scalable Recruitment processes and take the lead on all Recruitment activities – such as sourcing the best candidates, interviewing, making offers, and negotiating and closing candidates for a diverse range of positions.
- You'll network and maintain relationships with key talent communities for short and long-term opportunities.
- You'll develop and implement initiatives that will make a real impact on our employer brand in the market.
What you'll bring:
- You have at least one to two years of Recruitment experience.
- You have a real passion for Recruitment, you love what you do, and you're hungry to improve and grow in your role.
- You're intrigued by technology – before you start hiring for a role you always try to learn as much about it as possible.
- You love sourcing, and want to keep on improving your sourcing skills.
- You're eager to learn and try new things, while always keeping the candidate experience in mind.
- You can react quickly to ever-evolving teams and processes, and you can be flexible when necessary.
- You have strong people skills to build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- You're able to juggle multiple job requisitions at the same time.
- Your browser (chrome!) consists of extensions that help you recruit efficiently.
- You're not totally reliant on LinkedIn: you bring novel ideas to solve recruitment cases.
Extremely nice to have:
- You're passionate about connected products – such as smart-homes, e-health, quantified self, etc.
- You have an interest or background in working with tools like Miro, Slite, Airtable, Notion, Roam, Zapier, Calendly, Trello, etc.
- You have excellent spoken and written English language skills – bonus points for a second language.
What you’ll get:
- 26 paid holiday days for you to unwind
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly bootcamp, weekly yoga, OneFit discount, and ClassPass credits
- Discount on Dutch health insurance
- Pension plan with Brand New Day
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.