Tech Lead Odoo
Work on the digital backbone of VanMoof: the Odoo ERP.
At VanMoof, the Odoo enterprise resource planning (ERP) is the backbone of all our supply chain, order, subscription, and finance data. As this is such an important part of our day-to-day business, we're looking for a Tech Lead to strengthen our Odoo team. Your focus will be to oversee the ownership of the product stability and functionality, as well as the product roadmap.
We have parts coming in from Asia and Europe; Brands Stores on three continents; and sell our bikes online in 17 countries. We like to get things done ourselves: VanMoof bikes are designed and developed in house, and we only sell via our own commerce site and through our own stores. As our Tech Lead, you'll be a vital part of an existing Odoo team of six Developers, an Application Manager and a Product Owner. We'll expect you to oversee our six in-house and external Odoo developers, and arrange and manage proper processes for code reviews. You'll define systems architecture with your team, and implement tests and continuous integration pipelines to rapidly deliver new features.
What you'll do:
- You'll set the code quality standards together with the team, and maintain them in practice.
- You'll continuously improve the Odoo system we have in place, as well as work with new systems and technologies from other VanMoof teams and external partners.
- You'll solve complex problems and architectural challenges such as performance issues, integration of multiple APIs, and asynchronous programming.
- You'll proactively keep an eye on developments in relevant technologies.
- You'll lead the process of modernizing our technology stack to allow VanMoof to scale exponentially while keeping the systems running smoothly.
- You'll build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders throughout the company as well as with our external partners.
What you'll bring:
- You have at least three years of hands-on experience in building and releasing Odoo features.
- You have at least two years of experience as a Tech Lead.
- You have at least five years of experience with Python.
- You're experienced in analyzing and supporting business processes.
- You have advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, and always pay close attention to detail.
- You're familiar with Unit Testing and Integration Testing.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- You have an affinity with process and system improvement, and functional application management.
What you'll get:
- 26 paid holiday days for you to unwind
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Pension plan with Brand New Day
- Bi-annual performance awards (subject to individual and company results)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly bootcamp, weekly yoga, OneFit discount, and ClassPass credits
- Discount on Dutch health insurance
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.