Tax Compliance Specialist
Ready to make an impact in an innovative bike company as we rapidly expand? We're looking for an Tax Compliance Specialist with experience in e-commerce to play an integral role in developing our international growth strategy. You’ll be expected to make sure the numbers that inform our business decisions are reliable, and you'll strengthen the structure of our Finance team to support our growth spurt.
As our Tax Compliance Specialist, you’ll report to the Group Tax Manager and work closely with our dynamic Finance team. We manage the tax compliance of various entities across five countries, and are working on various projects to further structure and automate compliance processes as VanMoof grows into 2021 and beyond.
As we expand our global footprint, reporting becomes increasingly important. We'll expect you to look critically at our current procedures and develop creative solutions to help us to improve. You'll drive excellence within VanMoof’s tax compliance area and initiate, manage, and implement initiatives aimed at strengthening the core in this field. Our ideal candidate is eager to grow in their role, and make an impact in the company.
What you'll do:
- You'll take ownership and managing the VAT/ICP/Intrastat tax compliance calendar for EU and US and execute timely and accurately the required filings.
- You'll be responsible for quarterly reconciliation of the VanMoof Group’s local VAT positions.
- You'll drive signal and co-work on improvements with regard to VAT in our sales and purchase flows, and review the tax settings in our ERP system to make sure compliance processes are held to a high standard.
- You'll execute other compliance activities related to tax (e.g. FEC file, other).
- You'll manage the relations with internal and external stakeholders (consultants, advisory firms, auditors) with regard to compliance and be their first point of contact.
- You'll facilitate the decision making with regard to the VAT compliance/tax costs by preparing reconciliations and overviews of tax costs borne within VanMoof Group.
- You'll prepare the Local TP Files for the entities in EU based on the template prepared by, or in cooperation with the Tax Manager.
- You'll support the Tax Manager with other tax compliance (e.g. CIT) and tax related projects and tasks, such as tax audits.
- You'll monitor compliance requirements in EU and US in order to make sure changes made by the VanMoof Group are prepared for in good time.
- You'll participate in tax trainings and actively show interest in new tax regulations and changes.
What you'll bring:
- You have experience in tax compliance, with a focus on VAT compliance.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a hands-on attitude and are entrepreneurial mindset.
- You have an affinity with complex IT/ERP systems, such as Odoo.
- You’re a team player, proactive, and accurate.
- You’re eager to improve processes and implement creative solutions.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills.
What you'll get:
- 26 paid holiday days for you to unwind
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Pension plan with Brand New Day
- Bi-annual performance awards (subject to individual and company results)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- WFH Equipment: desk, chair, screen delivered to your home
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly bootcamp, weekly yoga, OneFit discount, and ClassPass credits
- Discount on Dutch health insurance
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.w