Software QA Engineer
Are you ready to transform how the world rides bikes and perceives urban mobility? We’re searching for an experienced Software Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to help us improve our testing process and build automated tests. You'll be testing our applications, and defining and implementing processes to streamline our releases.
You’ll work within the Digital Team, which is responsible for maintaining web applications for internal and external stakeholders. You'll collaborate frequently with our development teams to assess the testing needs of every application to keep them up and running without disruption after deployments. Over your time at VanMoof you'll be responsible for setting up automated tests for our software and growing a dynamic and strong Software team.
Aside from end-to-end testing, you'll also work with our developers to make sure our APIs are stable and keep on giving the data they should to the consuming-systems (internal and external). Our ideal candidate is experienced and skilled in testing and automation, and is eager to play a key role in helping us scale up our development efforts.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll improve and automate our QA processes for the software applications we develop.
- You’ll work together closely with our development teams and QA to implement automated tests in the development and release processes.
- You’ll build out our test coverage for our key systems.
- You’ll standardize our test protocol for new developments and features.
What you’ll bring:
- You have programming experience and/or an engineering background.
- You have at least three years of hands-on experience in both writing automated tests and manual testing.
- You have strong skills in decomposing product requirements and designing a test scenario.
- You have experience in analyzing different types of technical testing and choosing actionable items.
- You have experience with test automation frameworks like Selenium, Appium, or similar.
- You can execute all levels of automated testing (integration, performance, acceptance, and regression).
- You have hands-on experience in development environments like IDEA, Eclipse and version control systems like Git or Bitbucket and task runners like Jenkins.
- You have experience testing web components.
- You have experience with defect tracking systems and test management tools like TestRail.
- You have experience structuring and improving a QA process and ensuring this is carried through the whole development and release cycle.
- You have excellent English communication skills (written and spoken).
What you’ll get:
- 26 paid holiday days for you to unwind
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly bootcamp, weekly yoga, OneFit discount, and ClassPass credits
- Discount on Dutch health insurance
- Pension plan with Brand New Day
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.