Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Change how we ride bikes and change how we perceive urban mobility.
As Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you'll be at the core of the creation of next generation connected e-bikes, designing game-changing products that revolutionise city mobility. As part of a growing team of engineers and designers in Amsterdam and Taipei, you will be reporting to the Head of R&D – Hardware and Embedded Software, and work with the entire R&D team. You'll need to have hands-on experience in leading the development of high-volume complex consumer electronics products and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving, and highly innovative environment.
What you’ll do
- Translate high-level product requirements into an implementable distributed software architecture for a modern connected e-bike.
- Work with the design and electrical engineering team to define an optimized, high-performance, and cost-effective design.
- Provide technical leadership to the project team to perform complete software design for deployment.
- Work with the embedded software team and other internal teams to define and implement all the subsystems that are required in a connected e-bike.
- Define software engineering methodology, processes, and good practices.
- Drive the system design and implementation development, bring-up, integration, continuous maintenance, improvements, and releases.
- Participate actively in design and code reviews.
- Ensure proper testing, validation, and certification of the overall system.
What you'll bring
- Computer Science or Electrical Engineering Degree (BS, MS preferred).
- 8 years+ experience in developing and bringing to market complex, consumer electronics products (e.g. battery powered connected mobile devices).
- Experience in shipping high-volume consumer products in a senior or architect role.
- Hands-on experience and know-how in every step of the process required to bring electronic products to production.
- Knowledge of most technologies used in modern consumer electronic products (e.g. embedded OS, RTOS, complex SOCs, Android and iOS, middleware and frameworks, sensors, wireless interfaces, and UI).
- Excellent knowledge of agile software development processes, DevOps, and tools (e.g. Jira, Git, Jenkins, and Gerrit).
- Good understanding of modern embedded operating systems, ARM system architecture, Android, and iOS App development.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
Extremely nice to have
- Experience working with Asian design manufacturers and suppliers.
- Experience with realtime systems.
- Production and test engineering knowledge.
What you'll get
- 26 days paid vacation
- Your very own VanMoof bike
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly Bootcamp, Weekly Yoga, Onefit discount & Classpass credits
- Discount on Dutch Health Insurance
We’re obsessed with cities. So are our bikes. Truly city-proof, they shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We made it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Join us on this journey.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all the above boxes. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excitement about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now!