Senior Electronics / Embedded Design Engineer
Change how we ride bikes and change how we perceive urban mobility.
We are a growing team of engineers and designers in Amsterdam and Taipei. As Senior Electronics / Embedded Design Engineer, you'll be at the core of the creation of next-generation connected e-bikes, designing game-changing products that revolutionize city mobility. You'll be reporting to the Head of R&D – Hardware and Embedded Software, and working with the whole of the R&D organization in Amsterdam and Taipei. Our ideal candidate has experience in leading the development of high-volume complex consumer electronics products.
What you’ll do
- Translate high-level product requirements into an implementable architecture for a modern connected e-bike.
- Working with the team and external partners, define and implement all the subsystems that are required in a complex electromechanical system.
- Ensure proper testing, validation and certification of the overall system.
- Drive the system design and implementation process, bring-up, integration, and support manufacturing test for mass production.
- Drive continuous reliability, yield, and performance improvements throughout development and into production.
What you'll bring
- Electrical Engineering Degree (BS, MS preferred).
- Experience in developing and bringing to market highly complex, consumer electronics products (e.g. battery powered connected mobile devices).
- Experience shipping high-volume consumer products in a senior or architect role.
- Hands-on experience and know-how on every step of the process required to bring electronic products to production.
- Knowledge of most technologies used in modern consumer electronic products (e.g. UI, complex SOCs, sensors, wireless interfaces, embedded software).
- Solid knowledge of high speed digital design, EMI and RF system integration.
- Good understanding of modern embedded operating systems and ARM system architecture.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
Extremely nice to have
- Experience working with Asian design manufacturers and suppliers.
- Experience with wireless (LTE/BT/GPS) and system development and board level design.
- Electromechanical experience.
- Production and test engineering knowledge.
What you'll get
- 26 days paid vacation.
- Your very own VanMoof bike.
- Laptop, screens, and software tools.
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company.
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office.
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office.
- Weekly Bootcamp, Weekly Yoga, Onefit discount & Classpass credits.
- Discount on Dutch Health Insurance.
We’re obsessed with cities. So are our bikes. Truly city-proof, they shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We made it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Join us on this journey.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all the above boxes. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excitement about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now!