Senior Business Controller
VanMoof is a fast-moving bike company set for major growth – but we can only grow with a strong foundation of reporting and budget control. That’s why we’re looking for a Senior Business Controller to establish and lead our business control efforts.
As a Senior Business Controller (Manager), you’ll report directly to the Head of Finance, and work closely with the Financial Controllers and the Corporate Finance & Analytics team. You'll drive financial excellence across the company by introducing company-wide profit and loss (P&L) ownership and reporting budget-to-actuals. You’ll identify any discrepancies and prepare action plans with Business Owners so we can improve with every month. We’ll expect you to be our go-to person for business partnering and all other commercial finance activities.
VanMoof continues to grow, as will your responsibilities. Our ideal candidate is experienced, and eager to learn and improve within their role. You should have a collaborative, flexible, and persevering mindset, and excellent communication skills.
What you’ll do:
- You'll prepare the monthly business update from a finance perspective for our external management accounts, and improve on your insights each month.
- You'll prepare monthly financial performance reports, discuss performance with the relevant stakeholders, and make the necessary adjustments.
- You'll develop profitability analyses such as unit economics, customer lifetime value, variance analysis, and gross margin analysis together with the Corporate Finance & Analytics team.
- You'll participate in our financial planning activities such as the annual forecast, monthly budget, and latest estimate.
- You'll introduce team budget controls, and report and evaluate our monthly performance.
- You'll partner with the business by assessing expansion and other growth initiatives through the preparation of business cases for decision making.
- You'll introduce feedback loops with the Financial Control and Accounting teams with the goal to improve baseline registration of data (including both accounting and non-financial data).
- You'll develop an IPO readiness plan for your area of expertise, and put your plan into action.
- You'll support our annual closing procedures.
- You'll coach and develop another Business Controller.
What you'll bring:
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent.
- You have at least seven years of experience in a Controlling, Finance, or Accounting position.
- You have experience with building a team, including coaching and development.
- You have a thorough understanding of financial processes and accounting principles (IFRS, Dutch GAAP, and US GAAP is a plus).
- You’re experienced with ERP software – bonus points for experience with Odoo, or LucaNet.
- You have excellent modeling and presentation skills (in Excel and Powerpoint).
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken – bonus points for Dutch.
- You have experience working in e-mobility and/or retail.
What you'll get:
- 26 paid holiday days for you to unwind
- Pension plan by BrandNewDay
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly bootcamp, weekly yoga, OneFit discount, and ClassPass credits
- Discount on Dutch health insurance
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.