Product Owner R&D
We’re looking for an experienced Product Owner with strong technical capabilities who can help us scale our backend team. You’ll streamline our processes, while implementing new products and services to support our riders and internal teams. As R&D Product Owner, you’ll be responsible for our digital bike platform, where our app and bikes’ smart technology meet.
As our R&D Product Owner, you’ll work closely with the Engineering team, and align with other Product Owners. You’ll take high-level requirements and translate them into clear user stories. You'll prepare and refine the backlog with our internal and external development team, generating outputs and further growing this team. We’ll expect you to build the internal backend capabilities and maintain clear communication with our external partners, and you’ll be responsible for keeping close connection with our production partner in Taipei.
Our ideal candidate is a strong communicator, problem-solver, and collaborator. Your leadership skills will allow you to build a culture of accountability, measurability, and success – as well as making room for mistakes and rapid learning when met with challenges.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll help our Research and Development (R&D) team achieve even greater results.
- You’ll work with the Engineering team to evolve new features, specify stories, and make decisions on our priorities based on analytics and user feedback.
- You’ll take the lead as the key decision maker and priority-setter for the Development team.
- You’ll make sure there’s fluid collaboration within the internal and external Development and Production teams and partners.
- You’ll take ownership of the backend development, prioritising new features and enhancements.
- Your in-depth product understanding, feature development, and experimentation will drive our digital platform innovation.
- You’ll take on the responsibility of managing stakeholders, supporting our Development team(s), and defining the roadmap.
- You'll need to build the internal backend capabilities as well as maintaining clear communication with our external partner.
- You’ll maintain strong connections with key teams, including our Bike Doctors, Support team, and Engineers.
What you’ll bring:
- You have at least five years of experience as a Product Owner in a technical environment.
- You have working knowledge of Agile/Scrum.
- You take an active role in mitigating impediments impacting the team to successfully complete the release/sprint goals.
- You have experience working with development teams.
- You have experience creating roadmaps and making a vision a reality.
- You have experience with scaling projects.
- You’re fluent in both written and verbal English – Dutch language skills are a plus.
- You have solid experience with working with external teams and guiding a team.
- You have strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- A technical (academic) background would be beneficial in this role.
What you’ll get:
- 26 paid holiday days for you to unwind
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly bootcamp, weekly yoga, OneFit discount, and ClassPass credits
- Discount on Dutch health insurance
- Pension plan with Brand New Day
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.