Product Owner Embedded Software
Ready to change how the world perceives urban mobility? As an Embedded Software Product Owner, you'll be at the very core of the team bringing the next generation of connected e-bikes to life and design game-changing products that are set to revolutionize city mobility. You'll be a part of a growing team of Engineers and Designers across Amsterdam and Taipei, you’ll report to the Head of R&D – Hardware and Embedded Software, and you’ll work with the entire R&D team.
Our ideal candidate has hands-on experience in streamlining software teams in complex technical environments to work as effective and predictable as possible. You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills that help you to collect information from different stakeholders and translate them into technical specifications.
What you’ll do:
- You'll manage the backlog, and prepare the refinement sessions so teams can plan their design sprints.
- You’ll help define software engineering methodology, processes, and good practices.
- You’ll make sure the Embedded Software Engineering teams in both Amsterdam and Taipei are collaborating successfully with each other – as well as with the teams of our third party suppliers.
- You’ll make sure that issues identified in the field have a complete review and are successfully addressed in a timely manner. Maintaining a strong link with the Manufacturing and Quality teams in Taipei will be crucial here.
- You’ll help build a culture of accountability, measurability, and success, while giving room for people to learn from mistakes when things don’t go to plan.
What you'll bring:
- You have a bachelor's or master's degree in IT, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- You have at least three years of experience in a software environment with (technical) product management experience as a product owner or manager.
- You'll need to be able to integrate milestones and deliverables from other disciplines like Electronic Engineering and Mechanical engineering into a prioritized activities and technical specifications, or learn fast.
- You have the ability to judge and challenge requirements and proposed solutions.
- You have good knowledge of agile software development processes, DevOps, and tools (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira, Git, continuous integration/deployment, release management).
- You have a solid understanding of unique challenges in adoption of Agile in projects involving hardware integrations.
Extremely nice to have:
- Experience in shipping high-volume consumer products to market.
- Know-how in every step of the process required to bring electronic products to production.
- Understanding of technologies used in modern consumer electronic products (e.g. embedded OS, RTOS, complex SOCs, Android and iOS, middleware and frameworks, sensors, wireless interfaces, and UI).
- Experience with IOT devices or other comparable embedded system technologies.
What you'll get:
- 26 paid holidays for you to unwind.
- Bi-annual performance rewards: subject to individual and company results.
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease).
- Laptop, screens, and software tools.
- Equipment to make working from home comfortable (desk, chair, and screen can be delivered to your home).
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company.
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office.
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office.
- Weekly bootcamp, weekly yoga, OneFit discount and ClassPass credits.
- Discount on Dutch health insurance.
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.