Process Improvement Specialist – Finance
We're a fast-moving, innovative bike company set for major growth. And as we grow into 2021 and beyond, we want to stay in control as our business processes become more complex, products and potential markets expand, regulation gets more extensive, and decision-making requires fast and accurate financial information. That's why we're looking for a Process Improvement Specialist to join our Finance team and influence VanMoof's financial procedures.
As a Process Improvement Specialist, you'll work closely with the Accounting and Control team, the Digital team, and the Operations team. Your focus will be on documenting, evaluating, and improving all of our financial processes and internal controls to provide us with reliable financial data and reporting, and prevent fraud. These processes are used by multiple teams within the company, so we'll expect you to stay flexible and take everyone's needs into consideration. Because of our continually evolving activities, markets, and product lines, you'll act as the connecting link between new developments. You'll provide financial and process advice and connect key stakeholders.
To succeed in this role, you should be able to observe, improve, and restructure a process to make it as user-friendly and as efficient as possible. Our ideal candidate is eager to improve processes, and has exceptional organization skills and great stakeholder management to make sure these changes and new procedures are widely supported throughout the company. Your meticulous eye for detail will come in handy as you deep dive into the nitty-gritty details of our processes. You're hands-on, you lead by example, and you'll motivate our teams to implement creative solutions that will ultimately help us succeed in our mission to get the next billion on bikes.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll improve our key finance and business processes by gathering and documenting the necessary requirements.
- You’ll identify gaps, design improved processes, and assign proper roles and responsibilities. You'll make sure these changes are aligned company-wide.
- You’ll make sure that enhancements are prioritized according to the needs of the company.
- You’ll work together with Product Owners (like Odoo and Magento), Process Owners, and other Process Specialists to design long- and short-term solutions to automate and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial processes and enhance the quality of data.
- You’ll implement root cause analyses and problem solving techniques to promote a continuous improvement mindset.
- You’ll perform risk assessments for our process, product, and new developments, and make suggestions to mitigate risks to an acceptable level.
- You’ll establish and build VanMoof’s Internal Risk & Control Framework, together with the Financial Control team.
- You’ll co-develop a long-term strategy and budget need to strengthen our core.
- You’ll report directly to the IT/Risk Manager.
What you'll bring:
- You have at least five years of relevant experience in a risk or process management position – bonus points if you've worked in a similar role at a start-up/scale-up e-commerce company.
- You have a solid understanding of financial processes.
- You’re experienced with ERP software.
- You have strong interpersonal, communication, and stakeholder management skills.
- You have a collaborative, flexible, and persevering mindset.
- You’re eager to learn and grow within your role.
- You have good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
Extremely nice to have:
- A bachelor’s or a master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or in an equivalent field.
- Experience with Odoo or Magento.
- Dutch language skills
What you'll get:
- 26 paid holiday days for you to unwind
- Pension plan by BrandNewDay
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly bootcamp, weekly yoga, OneFit discount, and ClassPass credits
- Discount on Dutch health insurance
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now. Deadline for applying is Thursday the 15th of July at nine in the morning.