People Operations Specialist
At VanMoof, we’re growing at an exponential scale, and we’re looking for a new colleague to join our People team. As People Operations Specialist you will support and empower our teams all over the world, boosting productivity and performance. It’s vital that we give our people the structure and space to add maximum value – sounds like your kind of challenge?
Joining the VanMoof People Team, it’ll be your mission to enable talent to perform at their very best by creating an immersive employee experience that unites our international teams. You’ll be responsible for the entire People Operations side for the HQ in Amsterdam, being the first point of contact for all our VanMoofers and managing the (administrative) process from starters to leavers and everything in-between. We currently have 200 FTE at the HQ Amsterdam and we have ambitious growth plans for the next 12 months.
You’ll need to maintain a good overview of all administrative touchpoints throughout the employee journey, and take full ownership of managing and improving the full people ops process. In parallel, you should ensure smooth daily operations of all tasks related to improving the overall employee experience at VanMoof by making processes and policies better and easier to use for everyone.
Next to the administrative side, you’ll become the main point of contact for any operational people related queries from our teams based in Amsterdam. Your biggest challenge will be to streamline the people operations processes, without compromising employee experience – creating a sustainable environment for future growth. You will work closely together with a People Business Partner (give support but also drive projects together) and your team (consisting of 2-3 other People Operations Specialist, a People Operations Admin and a Compensation & Benefits Specialist). You will report directly to the Head of People Operations.
What you'll do
- Become the main contact person, answering all employee questions, in a way that’s easy for everyone to access.
- Be the first go-to person for any questions from our team leaders (e.g. local legislation, sick cases, salary administration etc.) for the teams in Amsterdam.
- Handle all administrative touchpoints in the employee journey (with the help of our People Admin person in the team). This includes creating all employment-related documents and ensuring a correct and complete (salary) administration every month (including reporting), as well as keeping all personnel systems up-to-date.
- Improve the employee touchpoints keeping in mind the best possible employee experience – building processes in a human but scalable way.
- Cooperate with external parties and be their main point of contact (e.g. Payroll companies, Arbo services, UWV, Tax Authorities, etc.).
- Support and work on People Team projects (onboarding, engagement, people policies, culture, mobility programs, D&I etc.) to improve our overall employee experience at VanMoof. We find it important that you can develop yourself in certain people areas (of your interest) and always give people in the team ownership of some projects.
What you'll bring
- 2-3 years’ experience owning and executing the full employee-cycle from start to finish (ideally in a international & fast growing company).
- A proven record in handling international (salary) administration.
- Experience in advising managers in (basic) employee matters.
- An accurate and detail-oriented mindset.
- The ability to handle confidential information with care, while remaining friendly and approachable.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resource Management or related studies.
- In-depth knowledge of Dutch labor/social laws and applicable CLA agreements. Experience in 30% rulings and visa applications preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch– written and spoken.
- You live in or around Amsterdam.
Extremely nice to have
- Experience with BambooHR, CultureAmp or Deputy
- You speak German or French
What you'll get
- 26 paid holidays for you to unwind
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly Bootcamp, Weekly Yoga, Onefit discount & Classpass credits.
- Discount on Dutch Health Insurance
We’re obsessed with cities. So are our bikes. Truly city-proof, they shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We made it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Join us on this journey.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all the above boxes. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excitement about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now!