People Operations Specialist – HQ
At VanMoof, we’re growing at an exponential scale to accomplish our mission to get the next billion on bikes. We're looking for a People Operations Specialist to join our People team and support and empower our teams all over the world, boosting productivity and performance. We believe it’s vital that we give our people the structure and space to add maximum value – sound like your kind of challenge?
As People Operations Specialist, it'll be your mission to enable our talented employees to perform at their very best by creating an immersive employee experience that unites our international teams. You’ll be responsible for the entire People operations for our HQ in Amsterdam, being the first point of contact for all our VanMoofers and managing the (administrative) process from starters to leavers and everything in-between.
You’ll maintain a comprehensive overview of all administrative touchpoints throughout the employee journey, and manage and improve the entire process. We'll expect you to make sure that all daily operations related to improving the overall employee experience at VanMoof run smoothly by making processes and policies better and easier to use for everyone. You’ll also be the main point of contact for our Amsterdam-based teams regarding any operational People related queries. Your biggest challenge will be to streamline the People operations processes, without compromising employee experience – creating a sustainable environment for future growth.
What you'll do:
- You'll be the main contact person for our Amsterdam-based teams, answering all employee questions in a way that’s accessible and understandable for everyone.
- You'll be the go-to person for any questions from our team leaders based in Amsterdam (e.g. local legislation, sick cases, salary administration etc.).
- You'll handle all administrative touchpoints throughout the employee journey (with the help of your People Admin colleague in the team). This includes creating all employment-related documents, making sure that salary administration is correct and complete every month, and keeping all personnel systems up-to-date.
- You'll improve the employee touchpoints keeping in mind the best possible employee experience – building processes in a human but scalable way.
- You'll cooperate with external parties and be their main point of contact (e.g. payroll companies, Arbo services, UWV, tax authorities, etc.).
- You'll support and work on People team projects to improve the overall employee experience at VanMoof. We believe it's important that you can develop your areas of interest and always make sure to give those in the team ownership of these projects.
- You'll work closely together with our business partner and your team. You'll report directly to the Head of People Operations.
What you'll bring:
- You have two years of experience owning and executing the full employee-cycle from start to finish (ideally in an international and fast-growing company).
- You have a bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or related studies.
- You have experience in handling (salary) administration.
- You have experience in advising team leads in (basic) employee matters.
- You have an accurate and detail-oriented mindset.
- You're able to handle confidential information with care, while remaining friendly and approachable.
- You have in-depth knowledge of Dutch labor/social laws.
- You have experience in 30% tax rulings and visa applications.
- You have excellent communication skills in English and Dutch – both written and spoken.
- You live in or around Amsterdam.
Extremely nice to have:
- Experience with BambooHR, CultureAmp or Deputy
- Experience with Health & Safety topics (ARBO)
- More in depth knowledge on Netherlands tax regulations
- Experience in automation of workflows
What you'll get:
- 26 paid holiday days for you to unwind
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Pension plan with Brand New Day
- Bi-annual performance awards (subject to individual and company results)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly bootcamp, weekly yoga, OneFit discount, and ClassPass credits
- Discount on Dutch health insurance
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.