Magento 2 Senior Backend Developer
Become our in-house specialist for open-source Magento development!
We are an innovative bike company that's changing the world of transportation. And we have a world of technology built around our smart app-connected e-bikes. We're looking for a Senior Magento Developer who'll help us scale up our e-commerce platform to match the development of our bikes. With our sales skyrocketing, we're looking to bring Magento expertise in-house to take our sales and payment features to the next level.
Your key responsibilities
- You will join our experienced in-house Magento team and contribute on a daily basis to the codebase.
- Own the custom modules and code we run, and keep them up to date, secure, and optimized.
- Ensure that all third-party dependencies are at the highest quality level.
- Proactively review code from other developers and providers.
- Ensure that the quality of the codebase is high and that all tests are written correctly.
- Create exciting new functionality like custom payment plans, bike configurators and third-party integrations with in-house and external systems.
- Advise Product Owners on the technical implementations process to deliver functionalities within Magento in the best possible way.
Your background and skills
- You have at least 5 years of development experience, and 3 years working with Magento.
- You’ve built custom modules and integrations with third-party services (PSP, shipping platforms, etc).
- You have a real passion for the best design and coding practices and a strong desire to develop bold new ideas.
- You have experience with Github and code deployment pipelines and automation (eg. Jenkins, CircleCI, AWS CodeDeploy or similar).
- You’re comfortable with DevOps tasks – finding performance bottlenecks, identifying issues in production based in logs and metrics, and keeping the systems secure
- You're entrepreneurial and analytical.
- You have a positive mindset and the ability to turn risk into opportunity.
- You enjoy guiding your teammates to the best possible solutions to the problems, to make sure that everyone is on the same page.
- You work hard and always ensure your work is of the highest quality.
- You deal with criticism positively, giving and receiving it with a smile.
What you'll get
- 26 paid holidays for you to unwind
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Pension Plan by BrandNewDay
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly Bootcamp, Weekly Yoga, Onefit discount & Classpass credits
- Discount on Dutch Health Insurance
We’re obsessed with cities. So are our bikes. Truly city-proof, they shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We made it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Join us on this journey.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all the above boxes. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excitement about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.