Our ambitious and highly innovative product Design team is looking for an iOS Developer to work within our suite of talented digital creatives. You'll help us build revolutionary mobility services which help people get from A to B. Are you a specialized iOS Developer who can create rich, robust, and intuitive mobile user experiences that smoothly integrate with our backend services? This is your chance to become part of our international team of inventors and go-getters on a mission to redefine city mobility.
As an iOS Developer, you'll work on VanMoof’s iOS applications which integrate with our bikes and backend services. As part of the Product Development team, you’ll prototype new ideas, implement new features, and optimize existing code to improve quality and stability. Your focus will be to deliver fast, reliable, industry-leading mobile experiences that drive daily use, rider satisfaction, and engagement. You’ll work closely with the R&D director, hardware and software teams, as well as external development and design partners.
Our ideal candidate proactively keeps up-to-date with relevant new technologies, and translates new ideas into innovative solutions.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll translate ideas into prototypes, while assessing solution direction, effort, and achievability.
- You’ll work with the Mobile Development team, firmware, and backend developers to implement new features, tests, and roll out updates.
- You’ll give feedback and collaborate with our UX/UI team to improve our riders’ user experience.
What you'll bring:
- You have at least three years of experience developing for iOS using Swift.
- You have experience with more than one iOS architecture.
- You’ve realized multiple native iOS applications, and can demonstrate individual skills as well as team successes.
- You’re able to build mobile applications from the ground up as well as optimize existing code to improve quality.
- You have strong communication skills, and can work closely with external development partners.
- You have an understanding of backend technologies and know how to smoothly integrate them.
- You have experience with testing, version control systems, and continuous integration.
- You have a basic understanding of design tools.
- You’re comfortable working independently and within a growing team.
Extremely nice to have:
- Experience with CoreBluetooth.
- Experience with Combine and SwiftUI.
- Experience with Objective-C.
- Experience with Automated Testing.
What you’ll get:
- 26 paid holiday days for you to unwind
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Pension plan with Brand New Day
- Bi-annual performance awards (subject to individual and company results)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- WFH Equipment: desk, chair, screen delivered to your home
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly bootcamp, weekly yoga, OneFit discount, and ClassPass credits
- Discount on Dutch health insurance
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.