Health & Safety Specialist
As part of our mission to get the next billion on bikes, it's vital that we continue maintaining the highest health and safety standards. As VanMoof's Health & Safety manager, you'll be responsible for developing and implementing the company's health and safety procedures and performing safety audits across our global locations. From process documentation to site visits and training you will own the entire process and its development.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about creating processes and knows the ins and outs of health and safety law, in particular with the use of dangerous goods, to keep workplaces safe for everyone working there. Exceptional project management and process documentation skills are a must.
Our ideal candidate is organized and has excellent communication skills. You're someone who thrives at working autonomously but also collaboratively, and is skilled at handling both the bigger picture and finer details. You take a proactive approach to all things health and safety and are always eager to learn and improve within your role.
What you’ll do:
- You'll advise employees on how to minimize or ultimately avoid risks and hazards in the workplace.
- You'll ensure the business is legally compliant with all health and safety legislation.
- You'll work with and train all employees to manage, monitor and improve the health and safety standards in the workplace.
- You'll be responsible for all safety inspections in the workplace. For example, monitoring noise levels in a warehouse.
- You'll assist with creating and managing health and safety monitoring systems and policies in the workplace.
- You'll manage emergency procedures, such as fire alarm drills, and organize emergency teams such as fire marshals and first aiders.
- You'll visit VanMoof's global locations
What you'll bring:
- You have experience handling and disposing of electronics including lithium-ion batteries.
- You have excellent English language communication skills.
- You have experience working with senior leadership/hiring managers.
Extremely nice to have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Preferred experience at an international company with specific experience in OSHA regulations from the United States
- A Bachelor’s degree with a preferred focus on environmental or occupational health and safety related programs
What you'll get:
- 26 paid holiday days for you to unwind
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Pension plan with Brand New Day
- Bi-annual performance awards (subject to individual and company results)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- WFH Equipment: desk, chair, screen delivered to your home
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly bootcamp, weekly yoga, OneFit discount, and ClassPass credits
- Discount on Dutch health insurance
Deadline for applying is Wednesday the 6th of October at noon.
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.