Group Financial Controller
VanMoof is a fast-moving bike company set for major growth – but we can only grow with a strong foundation of accounting and control. That’s why we’re looking for a Group Financial Controller to optimize and structure our statutory reporting procedures, and treasury and other compliance practices.
As our Group Financial Controller, you’ll drive our group control strategy and statutory reporting, and develop and document policies and procedures. You'll coordinate our monthly and annual closing procedures, including the audits, and draft the financial statements. Additionally, you'll maintain our group accounting policies, and be responsible for our insurance portfolio and the group's treasury activities. You’ll report directly to the Head of Finance, and work closely with the accounting managers and other financial controllers.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll lead the various annual closings (group and local, including audits), and draft and publish timely annual reports.
- You’ll coordinate the month-end closing process, and deliver timely monthly financial statements.
- You’ll perform reconciliations on key profit and loss and balance sheet items, identify variances, and drive improvements.
- You'll consolidate the financial statements, eliminate intercompany balances, and maintain reserves.
- You'll establish the Group Treasury function, including group funding procedures, hedging and cash management (forecast).
- You'll document and maintain our group accounting policies, and ensure consistency across the group.
- You'll ensure local compliance with accounting principles and other legislations, by identifying gaps and driving improvements.
- You’ll collaborate with other finance teams to structurally strengthen our core of financial processes, such as monthly and annual closing, consolidation, and treasury. You’ll also work with them to improve the consistency and reliability of our financial figures.
- You’ll investigate reporting and control improvement opportunities, and implement accordingly.
What you'll bring:
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent.
- You have at least seven years of experience in a controlling, finance, or accounting position.
- You have a thorough understanding of financial processes and accounting principles (IFRS, Dutch GAAP and US GAAP is a plus).
- You’re experienced with ERP software – bonus points for experience with Odoo, or LucaNet.
- You have excellent writing and documentation skills (in Word and Powerpoint).
- You have a collaborative, flexible, and persevering mindset.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- You’re eager to learn and improve in your role.
- You have good command of the English language, both written and spoken – bonus points for Dutch.
- You have experience working in e-mobility and/or retail.
What you'll get:
- 26 paid holiday days for you to unwind
- Pension plan by BrandNewDay
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly bootcamp, weekly yoga, OneFit discount, and ClassPass credits
- Discount on Dutch health insurance
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.