We're an innovative bike company on a mission to change city mobility with our game-changing smart e-bikes. We're looking for a Full Stack Developer to help us scale up our riders' ecosystem so we can offer them a web experience that's as much of a joy to surf as it is to ride our bikes.
As a Full Stack Developer, you'll join our agile development team, and focus on expanding and improving our point-of-sales capabilities. You'll work closely with other Developers, Content Creators, Designers, and Testers, as well as our external development partners. In this role, you'll have the freedom to explore, prototype, and design new ideas, implement new features, connect with external systems, and optimize existing code to improve quality and stability.
Our ideal candidate is proactive and has a deep working knowledge of relevant web technologies. We're looking for someone with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
What you’ll do:
- You'll participate in code reviews, define systems architecture with your peers, and implement tests and continuous integration pipelines to rapidly deliver new features.
- You'll improve the current platforms we have in place as well as work with new systems and technologies.
- You'll solve complex problems and architectural challenges such as performance issues, integration of multiple APIs, and asynchronous programming.
- You'll proactively keep an eye on developments in relevant web technologies.
- You'll play an active role in the process of modernizing our technology stack to allow VanMoof to scale exponentially while keeping the systems running stable and smooth.
What you’ll bring:
- You have at least four years of hands-on experience in building and releasing web applications addressing the entire stack from infrastructure and development to best deployment practices.
- You have experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure, or equivalent, and are comfortable managing the infrastructure of the site with DevOps practices (or are willing to learn it).
- You have a working knowledge of front-end technologies like HTML5, CSS, SASS or equivalent for the integration of user-facing elements developed by our Designers and Front-end Developers.
- You are familiar with software testing (unit/end to end/functional).
- You have experience with consuming, designing and building (RESTful) APIs.
- You have experience with code versioning (GitHub).
- You're currently based in Amsterdam, or are willing to commute daily.
- Typescript back-end application running on AWS Amplify (serverless)
- React Testing Library for the unit tests
- Cypress for the integration tests
What you’ll get:
26 paid holiday days for you to unwind
Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
Pension plan with Brand New Day
Bi-annual performance awards (subject to individual and company results)
Laptop, screens, and software tools
Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
Healthy lunch provided when in the office
Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
Weekly bootcamp, weekly yoga, OneFit discount, and ClassPass credits
Discount on Dutch health insurance
We’re obsessed with cities. So are our bikes. Truly city-proof, they shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We made it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Join us on this journey.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all the above boxes. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excitement about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now!