VanMoof is a fast-moving bike company set for major growth – but we can only grow with a strong foundation of accounting and control. That’s why we’re looking for a Financial Controller to optimize and structure our internal processes to ultimately improve our internal controls globally, and turn raw data into a winning strategy.
As our Finance Controller, you’ll be responsible for various key controlling activities of the VanMoof Group. You’ll report directly to the Head of Finance, and work closely with the finance managers and other controllers to complete accurate month-end closings. You’ll be expected to have a strong understanding of the figures and to be able to explain any deviation with ease. You’ll improve controls, reconciliations, and feedback loops with the rest of the organization. A key part of your role will be to participate in consolidating audit and annual accounts.
What you’ll do
- You’ll perform reconciliations on key profit and loss and balance sheet items, identify variances, and drive improvements.
- You’ll participate in the month-end closing, and prepare timely monthly financial figures with specifications.
- You’ll drive operational excellence throughout our company, and improve our monthly figures.
- You’ll collaborate with other finance teams to structurally strengthen our core of financial processes such as financial closing, sales and returns, movement of goods and inventory, and margin. You’ll also work with them to improve the consistency and reliability of our financial figures.
- You’ll establish and build VanMoof’s Internal Control Framework by documenting process flows and making improvements.
- You’ll support the local audits and draft the financial statements.
- You’ll document accounting and business processes.
- You’ll investigate reporting and control improvement opportunities, and implement accordingly.
What you'll bring
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent.
- You have at least seven years of experience in a controlling, finance, or accounting position.
- You have a solid understanding of financial processes and accounting principles.
- You have experience of working in a scale-up, preferably e-mobility and/or retail.
- You’re experienced with ERP software – bonus points for experience with Odoo, Magento, or LucaNet.
- You have excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- You have a collaborative, flexible, and persevering mindset.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- You’re eager to learn and improve in your role.
- You have good command of the English language, both written and spoken – bonus points for Dutch.
What you'll get
- 26 paid holiday days for you to unwind
- Pension plan by BrandNewDay
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly bootcamp, weekly yoga, OneFit discount, and ClassPass credits
- Discount on Dutch health insurance
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.