As a Financial Accountant, you'll take charge of the full administration of certain foreign entities of VanMoof Group and will participate in specific projects to strengthen the structure of Finance to be able to support the significant growth of the business.
Reporting to the Finance Manager you'll be working in a dynamic environment as part of the accounting team. This team manages various entities across 5 countries and ongoing projects to further structure and automate finance processes as we grow into 2021 and beyond.
You will be an important player in the finance team. Here at VanMoof, finance is involved in the very core of our business and is not just a support team. As we rapidly expand our global footprint, reporting becomes more and more important. We want to make sure that all the numbers are reliable so we can make the right business decisions. And that's where you come into play.
But don't get us wrong, you'll do so much more than the operational tasks. You'll, together with the team, critically look at our current procedures and help to improve. You will make an impact and have fun along the way!
What you’ll do
- Own end-to-end accounting records for your assigned entities/countries
- Reconciliation of bank transactions
- Be in charge of reconciling payments from our third party payment providers
- Journal entry preparation, including filing supporting documentation
- Prepare weekly supplier payment run
- Make sure balance sheet accounts are reconciled where needed
- Accrual calculations and opex variance analysis
- Work closely with your colleagues in Financial Control during month end process to ensure a high quality of reporting
- Be a go to person for local brand store managers and managers at HQ for accounting related questions
- Provide feedback on projects to improve processes and automation
What you'll bring
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in accounting within – global organisations – (plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (Dutch and German fluency would be a very nice-to-have)
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Pivot Tables
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Affinity with complex IT/ERP systems, preferably Odoo
- Team player, pro-active and accurate
- Enthusiasm to improve processes
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexibility, willingness to take on alternative or additional tasks to meet the business needs
- You are currently based in Amsterdam or willing to commute
- Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting
What you'll get
- 26 paid holidays for you to unwind
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly Bootcamp, Weekly Yoga, Onefit discount & Classpass credits.
- Discount on Dutch Health Insurance
We’re obsessed with cities. So are our bikes. Truly city-proof, they shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We made it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Join us on this journey.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all the above boxes. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excitement about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now!