Embedded Software QA Engineer
Are you ready to transform how the world perceives urban mobility? Our R&D team is searching for a Software Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to help us craft the next generation of VanMoof e-bikes. You’ll work at the heart of the company to shape the future of our game-changing products, and ultimately help us on our mission to redefine city mobility.
As a Software QA Engineer, you’ll join a growing team of engineers and designers based in Amsterdam and Taipei, and report to the Head of R&D. Your focus will be to work closely with the team to make sure that we deliver outstanding products to our riders worldwide. You’ll make sure that our testing, validation, and certification processes are watertight. We’ll expect you to develop automated test frameworks and automations, and design integration, system, and regression tests.
Our ideal candidate has hands-on experience in testing software for embedded systems, and thrives in a fast-paced and highly innovative working environment. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are key in this position.
What you'll do:
- You’ll help our R&D team deliver outstanding products to our riders.
- You’ll develop automated test frameworks and automation harnesses to enable comprehensive unit-level and system-level test coverage.
- You’ll create test plans for specific features with our development engineers.
- You’ll make sure there’s proper execution of the test suites, and consolidation of results.
- You’ll make sure to investigate failures of automated test executions.
- You’ll coordinate with Test Engineering and QA teams to make sure our test coverage is adequate.
- You’ll help debug hardware and software issues and perform root-cause analyses.
What you'll bring:
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering (BS or MS preferred).
- You have at least two years of experience in software testing on embedded systems products.
- You have extensive knowledge of SQA methodology and tools, efficient test planning, and test execution.
- You’re highly skilled in debugging complex SW/HW environments.
- You have extensive knowledge of agile software development processes, DevOps, and tools (e.g. Jira, Git, Jenkins, and Gerrit) for the full software development life cycle.
- You have excellent analytical skills and you can identify and solve even the most challenging of problems.
- You have strong coding skills, preferably in mainstream languages used in system development and test (e.g. C, C++, Python, or Java).
- You have basic knowledge of most technologies used in modern consumer electronic products (e.g. embedded OS, RTOS, complex SOCs, Android and iOS, middleware and frameworks, sensors, wireless interfaces, and UI).
What you'll get
- 26 paid holidays for you to unwind
- Pension Plan by BrandNewDay
- Bi-Annual Performance Awards: Subject to individual and company results
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly Bootcamp, Weekly Yoga, Onefit discount & Classpass credits.
- Discount on Dutch Health Insurance
We’re obsessed with cities. So are our bikes. Truly city-proof, they shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We made it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Join us on this journey.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all the above boxes. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excitement about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now!