Embedded Software Program Manager
Change how we ride bikes and perceive urban mobility.
As Software Program Manager, you'll be at the core of creating the next generation of connected e-bikes, by designing game-changing products that revolutionize city mobility. As part of a growing team of engineers and designers in Amsterdam and Taipei, you’ll be reporting to the Head of R&D – Hardware and Embedded Software, and you’ll work with the entire R&D team. You'll need to have hands-on experience in managing programs covering the development of high-volume complex consumer electronics products, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll help our Embedded Software team achieve even greater results.
- You’ll drive the prioritization of activities, and make sure all developers can work effectively to meet their scheduled deliverables.
- You’ll help define software engineering methodology, processes, and good practices.
- You’ll make sure the Embedded Software Engineering teams in both Amsterdam and Taipei are collaborating successfully with each other – as well as with the teams of our third party suppliers.
- You’ll keep the other teams within R&D and the Apps Software teams aligned with each other, and all feature implementation and timelines.
- You’ll ensure proper testing, validation, and certification of the overall system takes place.
- You’ll actively inform all stakeholders on the status of projects and technical challenges.
- You’ll take ownership of the deliverables, schedules, and make sure you interlock with the other PMs working on the product (e.g. covering electronics, mechanics, and manufacturing).
- You’ll ensure issues identified in the field have a complete review and are successfully addressed in a timely manner – here it’ll be important to link with the Manufacturing and Quality teams in Taipei.
- You’ll help build a culture of accountability, measurability, and success – while giving room for people to learn from mistakes when things don’t go to plan.
What you'll bring:
- A Computer Science or Electrical Engineering Degree (BS, MS preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of agile software development processes, DevOps, and tools (e.g. Jira, Git, Jenkins, and Gerrit)
- 3+ years of experience in developing and bringing to market complex, consumer electronics products (e.g. battery powered connected mobile devices)
- Experience in shipping high-volume consumer products in a program manager or product owner role
- Hands-on experience and know-how in every step of the process required to bring electronic products to production
- Understanding of most technologies used in modern consumer electronic products (e.g. embedded OS, RTOS, complex SOCs, Android and iOS, middleware and frameworks, sensors, wireless interfaces, and UI)
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
Extremely nice to have:
- Experience managing projects internationally
- Experience working with Asian design manufacturers and suppliers
What you'll get
- 26 paid holidays for you to unwind
- Pension Plan by BrandNewDay
- Bi-Annual Performance Awards: Subject to individual and company results
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- WFH Equipment: Desk, Chair, Screen delivered to your home
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly Bootcamp, Weekly Yoga, Onefit discount & Classpass credits.
- Discount on Dutch Health Insurance
We’re obsessed with cities. So are our bikes. Truly city-proof, they shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We made it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Join us on this journey.
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all the above boxes. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excitement about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now!