We're looking for an Android Developer to work with us to create rich, robust, and intuitive mobile user experiences that smoothly integrate with our bikes and backend services. Your role will be work with the team to build revolutionary mobile services that help people get from A to B, and ultimately help us succeed in our mission to get the next billion on bikes.
As part of our in-house Dev team, you'll work on VanMoof's digital services. Your focus will be on our rider application for Android, which integrates with our bikes and backend services. As part of the R&D Software team, you’ll implement new features, and optimize existing code to improve quality and stability. As an Android Developer, we’ll expect you to create fast, reliable, industry-leading mobile experiences that drive daily use, rider satisfaction, and engagement.
Our ideal candidate is eager to learn and proactively keeps up-to-date with relevant new technologies to come up with innovative solutions.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll maintain existing products, and support all future products.
- You’ll work with the mobile development teams, and backend and firmware developers, to implement new features, tests, and roll out updates.
- You’ll give feedback and collaborate with our UX designers to improve our riders’ user experience.
- You’ll improve and optimize existing workflows and tooling around continuous integration and delivery, automation, and code quality.
What you’ll bring:
- You have one to two years of experience developing Android apps.
- You’ve worked on a native Android application before, and you’re able to demonstrate individual skills.
- You have the ability to build mobile applications from the ground up, as well as optimize existing code to improve quality.
- You have some experience with testing, version control systems, and continuous integration.
- You have a basic understanding of design tools.
- You’re comfortable working independently and within a growing team.
Extremely nice to have:
- Experience with MVI or similar architecture.
- Experience with RxJava and Dagger.
- Experience with Automated Testing.
- Experience with BLE connectivity and connected products.
- Open-source contributions.
What you’ll get:
- 26 paid holiday days for you to unwind
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Pension plan with Brand New Day
- Bi-annual performance awards (subject to individual and company results)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- WFH Equipment: desk, chair, screen delivered to your home
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly bootcamp, weekly yoga, OneFit discount, and ClassPass credits
- Discount on Dutch health insurance
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.