VanMoof is growing – and we’re growing fast. As we strengthen our position as global e-bike leaders, a strong foundation in accounting is more important than ever. Our Accounting team is looking for an experienced and hands-on Accounting Manager to energize the team and take VanMoof's accounting to new heights.
As our Accounting Manager, you’ll be responsible for all accounting operations across Europe and the US. You’ll report directly to the Head of Finance, and work closely with the Finance Controllers and the Tax Manager. Your key focus will be to motivate, manage, and coach a team of seven financial accountants, and you’ll be expected to drive quality and efficiency improvement across all areas of accounting. You’ll make sure that our processes are consistent across the internationally expanding company, and you'll work with the Finance Manager based in Asia to make sure our teams are always closely aligned. You’ll investigate efficiency and automation opportunities, and implement improvements accordingly to enhance VanMoof’s internal control framework.
Our ideal candidate has strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a natural flair for motivating a tight-knit and ambitious team. We’re looking for a team player, who approaches their work with a flexible and hands-on attitude.
What you’ll do:
- You'll manage, coach, and bring structure to a team of 7 people
- You’ll plan, implement, and oversee VanMoof’s overall accounting strategy.
- You’ll manage all accounting operations for our European and US businesses, including revenue recognition, billing, AP, salary, intercompany, and cost accounting.
- You’ll prepare, review, and analyze financial statements, and provide the Finance Controller with financial figures on a monthly basis.
- You’ll make sure we always comply with local reporting requirements such as tax and accounting standards by monitoring and analyzing accounting data.
- You’ll support our local audits and other compliance activities.
- You’ll collaborate with other departments to improve satisfaction within our growing rider community.
- You’ll develop and document all accounting processes.
What you'll bring:
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or equivalent.
- You have at least three to five years of experience in a finance, controlling, or accounting position. Experience in the field of e-mobility and/or retail is a plus.
- You have at least two years of experience managing and coaching a finance team
- You have an excellent understanding of financial processes and accounting principles (knowledge of IFRS is a plus).
- You have an excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken. Bonus points for Dutch language skills.
- You have experience with (ERP) software (ideally Odoo, Magento, and LucaNet).
- You have excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- You live and breathe operational excellence.
- You’re eager to learn and grow within your role.
What you’ll get:
- 26 paid holidays for you to unwind
- Bi-Annual Performance Awards: Subject to individual and company results
- Your very own VanMoof bike (lend-lease)
- Laptop, screens, and software tools
- WFH Equipment: Desk, Chair, Screen delivered to your home
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- Healthy lunch provided when in the office
- Special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea) when in the office
- Weekly Bootcamp, Weekly Yoga, Onefit discount & Classpass credits.
- Discount on Dutch Health Insurance
We’re making it our mission to get the next billion on bikes. Truly city-proof, our rides shrink long commutes, scare off bike thieves, and amplify your pedal power. We’re riding the future together. Are you in?
Job descriptions are difficult to interpret. We understand you might not tick all of the boxes above. The truth is, we don't either. If you feel excited about our upcoming challenges, we encourage you to apply now.